Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Thanks! Didn't I say my husband wanted to move again? Ugh... I hope this next house doesn't have any problems or major issues (when/if we find one). I don't want to move again for a loooooong time!!

Again??? I'd have to hurt him. :hug

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to!!!! :angry This house we are in has issues, though. And the landlord isn't fixing them.. I don't even want to think about moving again, though. :sigh

Again??? I'd have to hurt him. :hug

Just a reminder. The only requirements for this CAL have been 2 things: 1. To be an active memeber on the Ville (not necessarily in this CAL). 2. POST A THANK YOU!!

If you (saying this in general, not aimmed at anyone specific) can do either of these you will be removed from the list.

Hey all! Sorry I've been away so long, couldn't remember my pw :angry finally got it tho :D hope everyone is doing well!! missed you ladies!!

I want to thank everyone that has sent me squares for my friendship ghan and for the comfort ghan for my sister i will post pics of my sisters ghan when i have finished edging it.

If anyone is still sending squares i could still use some

Thank you and God Bless

I recieved a square Mon. from Pat54...Thanks so much for the square it is beautiful I love it. sorry for not posting a pic. I only have a few min. before I have to leave for work this morn...Also sorry for the delay in posting a thank you I have been work 56 to 60 hours this week...I'm wore out...And the mail does run very slow out here so it take a long time for me to recieve. But I should of made time to post Tuesday. I'm sorry :(

Hi ya, just checking in! I havent' been mailing much, as I think i did all I could on the list, at least once, maybe I will start over again! I would love to see pics of the ones that got finished! Such pretty sqaures, such talented people! Thanks to all that helped me once again, to accomplish my goal quite a while back, and if I ever need more, I know where to ask for um, lol...Have fun everyone, maybe Ill start some more squares here shortly!

Hi everyone. I haven't checked in on the thread in forever but have lurked a little. Sorry. :( I sent a package out a while back and never heard from them. Hopefully they just get busy. I sent 3 more out this past week so I hope they get there.

We are having some wonderful weather. I've been down a little bit the past few weeks but trying to get back into crocheting more. I finished a lapghan my mom started for me for Christmas. lol She did the squares and I was joining them. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. I'm working on another lapghan in OSU colors... not sure why except I made 4 squares, put them together and liked it so kept going. lol

I'll be sending out more squares this next week hopefully. Hope everyone is doing well. Tina, moving is NO fun. My mom is the moving queen. She's been in the current house for 1 1/2 years and that's a record for her. :P I hate moving. Anyway, everyone have a great weekend.

Yay!! Welcome to the CAL. :hook

Very excited to be able to participate now!

I've been making squares while I was waiting. Looking forward to getting a list.:c9

Very excited to be able to participate now!

I've been making squares while I was waiting. Looking forward to getting a list.:c9

I got your PM, but just been so busy at work I come home and pass out. I will get you added, but first I need your mailing address (and re-include your e-mail and square request).

Hi everyone! I'm still around! I've been lurking, but not posting much since I haven't been crocheting very much. I did get an updated list from Sue and plan to remedy that. I hope to start getting squares out again in the next couple of weeks. :hug

I've been super busy, so I wanted to check in real quick with some big THANK YOU's to the following for sending me some fabulous squares....

Mom with a Motif (sent me a pretty blue square)

Kam (sent me a fun flower (?) square)

pat54 (sent me a lovely yellow and lavender square)

Thanks bunches for your contributions to my frienshipghan!! :) I'm hoping to get more squares out in the mail in the next couple of weeks again.

I got your PM, but just been so busy at work I come home and pass out. I will get you added, but first I need your mailing address (and re-include your e-mail and square request).

Sent :)

Sorry I have not been around. I am busy packing up my house and throwing away six years of accumulated junk. The kids and I are moving in a couple of weeks so please put off sending packages to me for a while.

In our town there is too few rentals available for the amount of people looking for housing in our area. A few weeks back i realised I needed to get a bigger house for my family as it was nessassary for my almost teenage son to have a space of his own away from his little brother.So imagine how excited I was to find that the very next day I ran into a old friends landlord who's property was vacant and was in the midst of getting repairs done on it. He told me then and there it was ours (yay!). It's an old flour mill that was then a resturarant before becoming a residence. It has two bedrooms down stairs which will be mine and my eldest sons and upstairs is one open space which we will be dividing between the youngest three. Everything was looking great!

Then my landlord rang me to tell me they were having trouble with the plasterers (too many jobs and over-extended themselves) so moving day had to be put back by a fortnight. No probs, now I can give notice to my current landlord. Rang them, gave a months notice. Ring back a few days later to find out how much rent I owe until moving day and find the office lady logged it into the computer as the 1st of April,not the 11th!! They would not accept blame, I told them the first, when I know for a fact I said the 11th because it's my sons birthday. GRRR!!

That's fine, had a chat to the landlord. He is letting me move my furniture in early to save on storage and moving twice. So I ring the caravan parks this morning to get us some accommodation for the week and they are booked out. Every caravan park I tried within 90mins of us was the same! OMG I wanted to rip my hair out...or cry! Then my lovely friend came to the rescue. She is letting us stay at her fully furnished, vacant home for as long as I need. It's two hours away from here so the kids will be thrilled to get the last week off this term. Upside for me, the kids dad and his fiancé is in a neighboring town so the kids will be spending some days with him while I have a much needed break!

I must have great Karma. Everything always falls into place for me eventually :D

Now I must get back to the dreaded packing. It's amazing how much crap you collect in six years!

Time for a little speech from Square Mom...

If you are sending squares you can check the board to see the last time the person you plan on sending to was on here. Go to Community and Member List. You can search their name and go to their info page to see the last time they visited. I had a couple PMs from people with outdated lists that sent to someone that hasn't been on the board in awhile.

DO NOT go by the first post list. That doesn't show who hasn't been on the board in over 30 days. I will NOT advertise that there.

When you send a square you need to check here and the Wishing Well thank you thread for thank yous. Not everyone on the list is an active visitor to this thread.

I do not want to drop this thread, but it's becoming more work and hassel for me than I want or need.

Lastly, I just updated the list so if you need a new one PM me with your e-mail.

Archived