CrochetDad's Creations

CrochetDad

First I'd like to thank the nice folks that run Crochetville - Amy and Donna for all their work on this site. If it weren't for them, I certainly would be telling you about my crochet business.

My name is Gene Saunders, (a.k.a. CrochetDad)

My business name is CrochetDad's Creations

My main business site is Etsy.com/CrochetDad where I sell my crochet patterns and finished objects.

I also sell my patterns on Ravelry and Lulu.

My business actually started as a result of being on Crochetville. After showing off my latest creation (a hat with a brim) back in 2007 in the Show & Tell area, I was encouraged by others here to document the pattern and sell it on Etsy. I learned through the 'net about Lulu and Ravelry and started stores there as well. I was contacted on Ravelry by a representative from Peaches & Cream Yarn company to design a hat for a limited run of yarn they were going to introduce. My design was accepted and is included in the kit "Fire & Ice" which includes my pattern, a pattern for a bag (or tote) and a scarf on their web site: Peaches & Creme . I've also designed custom items requested by customers on Etsy.

I sell crochet patterns and finished products, mainly from the patterns I also sell, but I also sell the interim-level and finished-level objects for my patterns, as well.

Pictures included below are my most popular designs (newest first) and most-requested custom items. The purple beanie was my first hat design. The 9-pointed Round Ripple was designed by Aggie May here on Crochetville, but I've sold several of this design, so I'm including it here.

post-13211-135897519172_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897519174_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897519175_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897519176_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897519178_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897519179_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I've never had so much fun.

I'm a retired computer analyst and began crocheting as an escape from my job, after learning the basics from my paternal grandmother when I was about 10 years old. I'm 67 right now, and have been actively crocheting for about 30 years.

I've learned so much more after becoming involved with online crochet groups, I can't begin to thank all those who have helped me. I haven't actually asked for much help, but learned techniques and solutions from the answers to those who did, so thanks also to those who asked for help. Remember, you're not the only one who wants the answer.

• 6 months later...

Hi Gene! My grandfather taught himself how to crochet, embroider and sew! He was a Jack of All Trades, starting out as a contractor-building houses and had a woodshop that he was always found in. I think it's great when a guy gets involved in crafts like this. (although way back when it was mainly a man's craft) Love your items!!

[ATTACH]28534[/ATTACH] Oh Gene, lovely hats! I love the round ripple, in fact, I have the "mama" sized one to match, here's a quick link! well darn, forgot to get the link, heres a pic though, sorry bout that! THey look like they were designed by the same people, at least color wise is very close! This one will fit my queen bed! Took me like forever to do the last few rows, but she's a keeper! I name all my afghans, this one is Rosy Ripple....l

;):clap

Archived