Mother's Day 2010 CAL

tmpinsnty

anyone else doing mother's day gift's for the mom's (etc) in their lives? i'm planning on three: one for each grandmom and one for my mom.

remember it doesn't have to be someone bioogically related to you...just someone you are going to honor this mother's day with a gift.

Wow I hadn't even thought of that I think I will have to think about that one not sure what to make for Mother's Day.

My mom's birthday is just a week after Mother's Day so I'm planning on making her a double Irish chain quilt as a combination gift for both occasions. I've got the material and have it planned out, but that's as far as it's gotten so far. :lol

I have a V-Stitch afghan I'm working on. The yarn I'm using was gifted to me last year in the purse/tote swap. When I went to Hobby Lobby to find some coordinating yarn, I found some blue and green that would look great at my parent's lake house. So the yarn kind of dictated its destination.

I have a V-Stitch afghan I'm working on. The yarn I'm using was gifted to me last year in the purse/tote swap. When I went to Hobby Lobby to find some coordinating yarn, I found some blue and green that would look great at my parent's lake house. So the yarn kind of dictated its destination.

Wow Jennifer I am also working on a V-Stitch afghan but it's for myself. I know I shouldn't be selfish but I really haven't thought about treating myself lately with school and all.

here is morgan helping me work on my grandmom's afghan.

it's michael's loops and threads impeccable "seaside ombre" I'm doing sherri bondy's brain dead afghan for this one

I love the color and Morgan is adorable. :clap

I should be able to get started on my mom's quilt in a couple of days. The wedding afghan I'm making is on the last strip. Then it will just be the border and hiding a million tails. A couple of days should do it. I'll try taking pictures of the material and see if they turn out or not.

all right ladies...i've done "1" skein for each afghan!!

left to right

loops and threads in seaside ombre pattern stashaholic brain dead afghan

RHSS fall multi, cornmeal and carrot pattern 5.5 hour afghan by lion brand

patons decor in autumn ombre pattern bernat's granny square

oh and morgan testing the comfy-ness

post-37461-135897521321_thumb.jpg

I am still trying to think of something for my mom. I just made her an afghan at Christmas, a reading shawl shortly after, and gave her a fancy dishcloth at Easter dinner. I need to make ...... it will come to me. Hopefully in time! Open for suggestions tho.

bookmark?? if she is a reader...do you have "Quick-Stitch Crochet" by the needlecraft shop? i picked it up at hobby lobby and it has lots of easy quick gift ideas!! not just for mom's either...

Oh, I don't know what to make my Mom. She's the one who taught me to crochet, so she crochets, also knits and sews. Any ideas for something to get a fellow crafter? She mostly sews, she can't crochet/knit like she used to. Suggestions? You all are doing some amazing projects!

Vickie

:cheerOoh I'd love to join this one. The items I'm currently working on in the "In April I Will" CAL are almost all exclusively for my FMIL, but need to make something for my Momma also!

Purse? Readers Wrap? Bookmarks? OMGosh there are so many ideas running thru my head.. will update when I make a decision!

all right ladies...i've done "1" skein for each afghan!!

left to right

loops and threads in seaside ombre pattern stashaholic brain dead afghan

RHSS fall multi, cornmeal and carrot pattern 5.5 hour afghan by lion brand

patons decor in autumn ombre pattern bernat's granny square

oh and morgan testing the comfy-ness

Ooooooo! Those are looking great! :yay:cheer:yay Love the colors, too.

Oh, I don't know what to make my Mom. She's the one who taught me to crochet, so she crochets, also knits and sews. Any ideas for something to get a fellow crafter? She mostly sews, she can't crochet/knit like she used to. Suggestions? You all are doing some amazing projects!

Vickie

If she's like most of us, she hasn't kept most of what she's made. A doily in thread? A shawl? (There are several great patterns at FriendshipShawl.org.) This is my favorite:

post-9295-135897521375_thumb.jpg

I just finished this one last week and still have to hide the tails before sending it off. It looks great in just about any solid color. It's nice in the variegated, too, but the pattern doesn't show up as well.

Thanks, Tiffany. It's the one called the Celtic Knot Shawl. It's not hard to make although it took me a while to figure out how to start the sides. If anyone wants to do it and has problems, I'll be glad to help out with the instructions. It's now my favorite shawl to make for others. I even have two that I've kept for myself. One's made of fisherman's wool and the other is of some glitzy black yarn I got on vacation one year. :lol :lol :lol

Thanks, Tiffany. It's the one called the Celtic Knot Shawl. It's not hard to make although it took me a while to figure out how to start the sides. If anyone wants to do it and has problems, I'll be glad to help out with the instructions. It's now my favorite shawl to make for others. I even have two that I've kept for myself. One's made of fisherman's wool and the other is of some glitzy black yarn I got on vacation one year. :lol :lol :lol

Is it a free pattern online somewhere? If not, what book/magazine/leaflet is it in so I can get it! I'd love to give it a try!

Is it a free pattern online somewhere? If not, what book/magazine/leaflet is it in so I can get it! I'd love to give it a try!

It's a free pattern at FriendshipShawl.org and is called the Celtic knot shawl.

bookmark?? if she is a reader...do you have "Quick-Stitch Crochet" by the needlecraft shop? i picked it up at hobby lobby and it has lots of easy quick gift ideas!! not just for mom's either...

That is a good idea. I might even be able to deal with steel hooks and thread for as long as a bookmark would take. Maybe something nice with her initial. I will look up the book you suggested too! Thanks!

Just went and looked on Annie's Attic to see some of the projects inside the book -- looks very interesting and it's on sale! I need to at least make the tissue box cover and coaster set -- that matches the Reading shawl I made her earlier this year. I might even have enough of the yarn left. :) Love it when aa plan comes together!

Okay, I've taken pictures of the pattern and materials I'll be using for my mom's quilt. First is the pattern. Each little square is a 2" by 2" block. Next photo shows the color of the material that will be on the back of the quilt. The the main colors for the pattern. And finally the fancy piece the will be in the very center where the chains cross.

post-9295-135897521407_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897521415_thumb.jpg

I hope to get started on this later this week.

post-9295-135897521396_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897521411_thumb.jpg

Archived