Sign in to follow this  
natalie058

Jackpot

Yesterday was totally my day for crochet sightings... first, in my Anth class yesterday a girl was wearing a crocheted hat-scarf set. So i asked her if she made it, but it turns out she bought it at JCPennies. Another girl in class overheard the conversation and piped up with a story about her cousin, who designed crocheted clothes out of her basement for awhile and now is selling out of one of the hippest boutiques around. (these are not your granny's clothes either, she showed me a flyer from her cuz's fashion show and she had off the shoulder peasant tops, pants with one leg and one daisy-duke type leg, tube tops, etc) Then, later at work two girls came in wearing crocheted scarves!! So, i just had to share...the fashion show/boutique news was particularly exciting to me... the clothes this girl was making are couture...(sp? lol)

there is a store on 40th street between 5th and 6th ave here in NYC that sells just hats, scarves and gloves.

i'm guessing they are just here for the winter, but imagine my surprise when i passed by to see crocheted and knitted items in the display!

I'll have to take a picture before they leave!

~Marj :*ccane