Looking for Yarn donations

I am looking to receive donations of yarn! This can be yarn destash of any kind any thread count any brand! Just make sure the yarn is clean and from a smoke free home! I am also asking for donations of 10 inch squares either crochet'd or knitted for a project me and some friends are doing, making baby afghans and lap afghans for cancer patients and premie babies. If you are interested please PM me!:c9

Put an ad in your local Freecycle. I renew the ad every couple of months, and have had pretty good luck. I only use acrylic for hospital, same-day surgical center, domestic violence, etc. Only problem is sometimes I get a some unmarked yarn so don't know if it is wool or acrylic or ???. In that case, I donate it to the Sr. Center so it still gets used for good causes.

I heard if you have yarn and don't know what it is to take a small piece and burn it. If it is wool it will turn to ash, if it is acrylic it will melt.

Robi, I was told that on the 'ville, but in one case, I was given a huge bag of unmarked yarn and it would have taken forever to test each ball.:thair

In the Freecycle ad, I specify unused acrylic yarn, but sometimes that doesn't work out, so that's when I gave it to the Sr. Center. They were happy to get it. :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived