Pineapple Hearts Doily

crochet mama

I just finished another doily. It's 17" across. I used white, number 10 thread and a 7 hook. I got the pattern from Magic Crochet April 2002. It's called Birthday Breakfast, but I call it Pineapple Hearts. :)

The pattern called for a picot stitch edging, but after doing it (grumbling, may I add) it just didn't work out. So, I frogged it and left it alone. I think it looks just fine without.

pineapplehearts.jpg

I agree with you about the name for this doily. Yours is more appropriate! Sorry to hear the picots were giving you troubles. The doily looks beautiful and those pesky picots are missed!

~ Lori

It's so pretty, Debbie! You should be very proud of it! Is that for the doily swap?

I'm not part of the doily swap. With 6 kids I really can't decorate my house with doilies. I love making them, though. I may try selling it on ebay (although doilies don't seem to be doing too well on there). I may also wait until I have a few things made and make a store on my website. There's always Christmas as well. ;):hook

that looks really beautiful and i know picots were bad enough using yarn but with cotton i think i would leave them off. you would not know they were missing there. :clap:hug

Georgeous! I love it.. I'm a doily freak so this would be perfect in my house. Yes.. I'll be the grandma with the doilies everywhere. I do decorate with doilies! :lol

:lol

I would love to decorate with doilies. Maybe in about 6 or 7 years when my baby is older! My mom LOVES to decorate with doilies as does my aunt, and I introduced her to doilies. ;) They are great recipients.

Archived