Howdy from western Pa.!

Austruck

Howdy!

Been crocheting since the mid-1970s (as a teen) when my grandmother patiently taught me the basics. I was more adventurous with my projects decades ago, but now I prefer more mindless projects like ripple afghans and straight scarves.

I tend to do one complete afghan per year -- and some poor family member gets it for Christmas. I've gone through all six kids, my parents, my former in-laws, and now my best friend just got the most recent one.

I have from now until mid-June to finish the next one -- it will be auctioned off at my yearly writers' conference to go toward scholarships for other writers.

Glad to be here. I already have a few questions and will put them in the right spot(s)!

I took a peek at your blog and had to smile. I grew up in your area, and still have family in Beaver County. Wecome from where I live now--Poland.

Wow, that's a long way from here! I live in a little neighborhood in New Brighton nicknamed Hunky Alley. "Hunky" was the nickname for steel workers (often Polish!) way back when, and this little four-block-square corner of the borough got the nickname from all the hunkies living back here. Our house was the first one built in the neighborhood (back in the 1800s).

Now, I like to think that the only "hunky" left living here is my husband, but I mean the term a little differently now than they did then. ;):hug

Archived