Leopold the Lion

Raccoon

by Angela Winger in Blue Ribbon Crochet. He is a yarn eater! Different shades of brown in the mane and to the face and tail were added. The color change in the muzzle was softened by adding yellow between the white and gold. The tail and top of the muzzle was fringed as densely as possible, then trimmed short. A wire brush was used to soften the yarn on his face. His bottom never got fringed because both skeins of Super Saver got used up.:eek

post-18859-135897514632_thumb.jpg

MarinaLevy, the whole thing is fringed, stitch by stitch. You take a 3" to 8" piece of yarn, fold it in half--forming a loop. Place your hook under the grid stitch and grab the loop. Then grab the two tails of the loop and pull them through the loop. It is like latchhooking a rug.

:)You did a wonderful job! I crocheted a dog like this and know exactly what you mean about it eating up yarn. It took me forever to finish the dog because I had to cut the yarn into what a think were 3" pieces. It was extremely time consuming but eventually I finished the project.

Hooray for you!:clap:clap:clap

Archived