planetjune

Boxer puppy

I've just finished up a new dog design and I think (hope!) I've captured the Boxer well. Sorry the white legs don't show up too well against the background - I'll have to take some better photos later :)

I'd love some feedback - what do you think of him?

post-7639-135897513426_thumb.jpg

I think he is too cute. You did a great job.

Looks just like Zoe did a few weeks ago! (She's my niecedog. She's five months old now and is terrorizing sister and BIL. Not, of course, that they mind!)

Adorable! Looks just like my neighbors boxer!

:turtle:vheart

Adorable.. Looks just like my daughters boxer!

Very cute, but the ears should stand up like a Doberman's. Other than that he looks good.

I had a boxer as a little kid and I remember what a great dog he was.:hook

Very cute, but the ears should stand up like a Doberman's. Other than that he looks good.

I had a boxer as a little kid and I remember what a great dog he was.:hook

I looked into this - some boxers have their ears cropped when they are puppies which makes them stand up. Boxer ears are naturally floppy though, so there are some with sticky-up ears and some with floppy ears :)

And thanks everyone for the feedback! The face and muzzle colouring were quite a challenge so I'm glad I got it right. I do love designing dogs - they are all so cute! (I mean dogs are cute, not my designs :lol)

If you ever decide to do a Rat Terrier, I will be glad to provide you with lots of example pics and structure drawings. Rat Terriers can have 3 different styles of ears and so many colors and patterns and come in 4 sizes- you could do a whole package of patterns! I know a lot of rat terrier owners and breeders who would learn to crochet just to make themselves little models of their ratties!!!

If you ever decide to do a Rat Terrier, I will be glad to provide you with lots of example pics and structure drawings. Rat Terriers can have 3 different styles of ears and so many colors and patterns and come in 4 sizes- you could do a whole package of patterns! I know a lot of rat terrier owners and breeders who would learn to crochet just to make themselves little models of their ratties!!!

I thought Rat Terriers looked like Jack Russell Terriers? (I've already done a JRT!) Are they significantly different?

Perhaps not to non-rat people, but we Rat-Lovers think there is a huge difference in both looks and temperament :D

Our male, Hogan- http://photos.imageevent.com/vendage/hogan/photoalbum/2.19.10%20032.jpg

A jack- http://www.puppycityny.com/Jack%20Russell/Jack%20Russell%20Terrier.jpg

If you ever decide to tackle it, be sure to let me know!

Aww, sweet! But yes, I can see the differences - thanks for sharing the pics!

You know, I could probably just design dogs from now on and I'd still never run out of new breeds to make! I'll definitely let you know if I do make a rat terrier :)

That boxer is adorable!

I absolutely love your little doggie collection and the boxer pup definitely turned out great. Nice job! =)