Just how old are you?

Will be 66 in May and have been crocheting for a long time around 44 years. Taught myself after I got married. Love to make doilies, afghans (in thread instead of yarn to hang on the wall), and RR.

Am so glad to see that there are younger members -- this is what keeps crocheting from becoming a lost art.

Charlotte

• Like 1

I will be 68 in July and learn to crochet when I was ten from a very special school teacher and learn to knit when I was in my teens from my Mom. I also taught myself how to do needlepoint and also do loom knitting and regular looms too for making placemats and coasters and hot pads, and I have also made rugs many years ago I know how to plastic canvas and petite point some counted cross stitch. I am always looking at new ideas to make things. I got the bug from my Mom with needlework she did it for over 70 years and did it right up to the day she past to be with the Lord. I am the only one in my family that does these types of needlework now. That is why I am so happy to be here at Crochetville. Unfortunately there is no one here to pass it on to.

Edited by CraftyZone
  • Like 1

I'm 66 and have been crocheting since I was around 10 yrs old. I love to make doilies, baby blankets and afghans. My mother crocheted and we learned to knit at the same time back in the 60's. (I prefer crocheting.) Both of my daughters have learned to crochet, but their lives are busy and don't practice as much as I do. At least, I feel I have passed it on to them. I have enjoyed reading all the posts and stories.

• Like 1

I am 55 and learned to crochet when I was 13. I only played around with it one summer and did not pick up a hook again for many years. Then I took a break until just recently. This past fall I decided to start up again and have not been without a couple of projects since. It has been a sanity saver for me.

I am 37 years old and have been crocheting since 1993 - 17 years! I started crocheting when my sisters all came to visit and two of them were sitting around crocheting. It looked so relaxing. I never made anything but afghans of my own pattern until I got pregnant with my fifth child in 2004. Then I started making baby clothes (again of my own pattern), but when that child was stillborn I quit crocheting for a long time. The bug bit me again when I discovered amis and I have been crocheting happily again every since, both following patterns and designing my own. I love crochet, want to learn to knit, and think that Crochetville is awesome and inspiring!

47 but don't say that too loud.

I learned to both knit and crochet at about 7/8. I started crocheting more seriously in my early 20s and haven't stopped since.

Right, it's official, I am the youngest person on the 'ville! I'm only 13, I feel like a baby!

I'm a self-taught crocheter and my Mum taught me how to knit when i was about... 7 or 8 i think. :think

:cheer:cheerI'll give you two hip, hip hoorays for being the youngest currently crocheting. Congrats on being self taught.:crocheting

I'm 20 and just started crocheting this week. I learned a little knitting when I was really small, but never got into it. I started teaching myself this week and so far really enjoy it! My boyfriend thinks it's nerdy but I'm sure once I start making blankets and such he'll be more interested ;)

I will be 53 next month and I've been crocheting since I was 10. It's only the last four or five years, though, that I've been venturing into some of the more complicated stitches and techniques. Until then I was your basic sc, hdc, dc crochetier. Being a member of Crochetville has given me the confidence to try things that would have baffled the living daylights out of me years ago! :lol

I'm 33 and started crocheting about 12/13 yrs ago, :hookI too just like elle only Did the basics.. Sc/ds/tr/hdc. that's it!.. i didnt even know how to Realy read a pattern till I joined C'ville. before C'ville the only pattern i ever read was a Crochet egg cozy. worked in rounds!. and i had no clue that was even working in rounds. till I REaly needed to make hats for my oldest Daughter who is ADHD and suffers from Tricatillamaina (pulling out body hair) she had picked her hair just about bald. and I wanted to make hats for her to wear to school to cover her head.

but Crochet is NOT just for granny's.. Ppl see my work and are amazed that I just started to learn the more advanced stitches. and patterns.

I even started to teach someone to crochet. and now have a lil crochet goup. There is only 4 of us but we have a blast!. and I too find it very relaxing,, (till u get that one bugger of a pattern that dose not turn out rite or look rite.. forcing u to frog it.. or keep going and hope it starts to turn out ).

and CUDO"S to Sophielv's :). I hope to teach my girls to crochet.

actualy thinking of buying one of them HUGE Super fat hooks, to help them

I turned 60 this year and have been crocheting for 19 years.

My Mom tried to teach me when I was young, but I could not grasp the idea of one hook. I was much better at knitting.

Oh and SophieLovesOreo congrats on being the youngest. Look at all the wisdom you have to draw from:hook

• Like 1

but I could not grasp the idea of one hook. I was much better at knitting.

LOL TAMPA THAT is how i am for Knitting:crocheting. I can't Graspy the Concept of 2 needles ****!

:hookONE hook i'm good... Put 2 in my hand and I sit there looking all lost:2spin:scrachin:shrug

I'm 52 and I've been crocheting since I was 14. I took a couple of lessons from a neighbor who crocheted and learned the rest from books. After loads and loads of practice I learned how to crochet pretty good started out with potholders, one to afghans and even made a sweater for one of my daughter's dolls. How I wish I had the internet when I was trying to learn, it would have been so much easier. Now I'm learning to knit and do the afghan stitch. There is so much stuff you can do with yarn. I love it all.

I am 39, I learned when I was 9 (my mom taught me) when I was in 7th grade I was lucky enough to take crocheting for a semester in junior high :) how cool is that.

I stopped for years and years and now I am back full force making up for loss time LOL

HI All!

I am 33 years old, *had to ask my ds*:lol I learned how to crochet when I was 12, guess that makes 21 years! wow! But really took it up as an addictive hobby 13 years ago, I love it! I see more and more young children learning how to knit and crochet. My oldest nephew learned when he was 10 and has made several afghans and rugs.

I will be 55 in July, I learned to crochet when I was in my late teens. I put it down and never picked it up again until about 2 months ago........I have found what was missing in my life it is so much fun. I taught my 30 year old daughter and she is loving it too!!!

I'm 34 and I've been crocheting since i was about 8 or 9. But I do remember making chains from even younger to help my grandmother with ties for bibs and blankets for the nursing home. I just love it sooooo much. My 3 1/2 yr old DD is doing chains now