DustyChica

Just how old are you?

I have been crocheting since 1944 when I was 8 yrs old. I learned from my mother and mostly the older vintage patterns with the basic design that made us think .

I'm 50, 51 this year, and I've been crocheting since I was 16. a neighbour taught me. then I taught my mum and sister. Only myself and my sister still crochets. she makes amazing blankets. mum doesn't have time looking after dad. :(

HI!

I am actually believe it or not 30 yrs old & have been crocheting for the most part about 5 years.

I am going to be 30 at the end of this year. My mom taught me to crochet when I was tiny - like three or four years old. I really got into it on my own around age 10 or so. 

I'm 38 and I've been crocheting on an off since I was 4, maybe?  My Great-Aunt Carol was an avid crocheter, and she taught me how to "finger crochet".  I made a few things with a hook when I was a teenager, and when I was 21, I decided to try baby items.  Since then, I've bounced between knitting and crocheting.  Right now, my knitting is on the back burner, and crocheting has taken the spotlight.

I'm 23 and I don't remember when I first started crocheting. Somewhere between 6 and 10, because I know when I first made a shirt for a frog toy I was 12 and had been crocheting a few years before then.

I am 51 and have been crocheting since I was in my mid 20s.  

I'm 26 years old, and have been crocheting for about two years. I wish I'd learned earlier, though! Often, when I'm crocheting in public, people will come up to me and tell me how great it is to see a young person crocheting. I guess they are happy to see their beloved craft survive.

I am 27 and I have been crocheting for 20 years! since I was 7 and I love it!  I get comments too when I am out with whatever project I am working on! It used to be worse when I was so obviously a teenager and they couldnt believe I could crochet! haha

How refreshing to see all the different ages and to know that crochet will live long!!  I am 67. :cheer

I am 20, will turn 21 in October! Just in time for my wedding!

PARTY! WOOO!

It is so nice to see young people crocheting. I didn't think there were that many young people still doing needle crafts.

I am 24 years old. Been crocheting since I was 11.

Wow, we are of all ages here!  That's so great.  I will be 68 in June. I'm a grandmother 4 times.  I have done embroidery, counted cross stitch, knitting and craft show goodies in my younger years.  I recently picked up crochetting again.  Never have made anything complicated, but I enjoy crocheting more than anything these days. It's so relaxing and rewarding. This is a lovely group and I'm happy to be a part of it. :ghug:ty

I am almost 40, been hooking since I was 8, gave it up for a while but I am back on the hooking train. It was actually suggested by my doctor to help reduce stress, seems to work for the most part, until my yarn vomits on me. LOL