Just how old are you?

I am 24 and have been crocheting since about 11 or 12. My nana (dad's mom) taught me how. And now my 11yr old cousin is joining the family. She has been at it maybe a year or two. My granny nana's mom crocheted for my nanas whole childhood. By the time I her first great-grandchild came along she had done quit. She made so many afghans its not funny. She did all sorts of other stuff also. My nana's first husband my grandpa his grandmother taught my nana how to crochet. So crocheting is all over my family. Me and my cousin are just keeping the family tradition alive

• 2 weeks later...

I just turned 36 and have been crocheting off and on since I was probably 5. I can't remember NOT knowing how to crochet. I did try my hand at knitting for about a year.(Last year) And I have vowed to melt my hooks down and make a giant lump of "art" that I can place on my mantle. I made a few projects but I found it tooooo frustrating and someone was going to get hurt if I continued knitting. So now I am just widening my range of things I crochet. I am loving trying new patterns and stepping up skill level a little bit.

I'm 34 and have been crocheting at least since my teens though I couldn't tell you exactly when. My grandma taught me to crochet and knit, though crochet is what stuck LOL. I love to crochet for my family and friends. My younger brother is the only that teases me about my "granny" hobby but he just does it to try and get under my skin, too bad for him it doesn't work LOL

I am 54 and I learned to crochet when I was 12, so that is 42 years that I have been crocheting. I was taught by a neighbor lady and my first project was a very groovy skirt that even my older sister wore to school, so it could not have been too bad :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 30 years old and just started a couple of months ago..I used to think that it was for old people and get teased..but that's ok because I think I might be very good at it.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sixteen and have been crocheting ever since I was little, but I had put the hook down for a long time until I moved and picked it up again. Now I can't get enough of it. :lol When I went to public school everybody gave me a lot of funny looks at first as well but then every one was all like "Ooooo... That is so cool!" Then a lot of people wanted me to make them stuff. :rock It's a real stash buster at times. :woo

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be turning 40 on the 8th. I've been crocheting now for about 17 years. I saw today at my my night out for the bowling league that a woman brought her knitting with her.....hmmmm may just have to do that, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 40 and have been crocheting for about 4 years now. Or maybe 5, would have to ask my teacher! One thing that amazes me is I get a lot of comments on how I am too young to crochet. I know I look a bit younger than my age (and the official story for most who ask is 21 : ) ) but really, how young is too young to crochet?