Just how old are you?

I am old enough to remember rotary phones and TV that went off the air in the middle of the night... channels that didn't come in crystal clear (ie, "snowy"), being the remote control (instead of finding the remote - it was Mel, see what's on channel "whatever")... I remember when Atari first came out, and when the regular Nintendo was the latest in gaming technology! I remember Beta players (before VCR's) and 8-track tapes... you know, waaay before mp3 players... I remember when we didn't have computers in the home, and now we have 3 desktops and 2 laptops (and that's just between my husband and I)... I've been crocheting on and off since I was 12, and while my mom taught me how to knit (and I remember doing that in 4th grade) it didn't stick and I need to re-learn it. All told, I've been crocheting for about 26 years... so that makes me 38! :)

I am 50 and have been crocheting since the age of 12. started with glass cozies and them moved to afghans...now-a-days I am working on fashion doll clothes..

I am 43 and have been doing this since I was 7...Mom taught me the basics and I've taught myself everything else...

I once taught myself how to knit - that didn't go well - my tension was WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY off! lol - now I stick to my one hook....

27 here and been crocheting since I was 6 or 7 with the help of my mom. She taught me the basics and I then used my allowance to buy books and teach myself the rest! I, too, tried knitting but am not coordinated enough to have 2 hooks going at once apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

I am 40 and have been crocheting since about 19 when I taught myself. I taught my youngest girl to crochet when she was 11 but was hard as I am right handed and she is left and it wasn't until I found a book showing left handed examples also that she caught on.

I'm 48 and have been crocheting since I was 10. I was taught the basic granny square by my mom's bingo friend and I learned everything else from books after that. I don't think I'm a pro but I think I'd qualify as intermediate.

I am 30 and have probably been crocheting for about 10 years, my mum taught me and I am hoping to be able to teach my daughter (who has just turned 6), if and when she would like to.

I'm 25. Two years ago I saw a girl my age crocheting in my doctor's office and thought it looked fun. My boyfriend got me my hooks, a how-to book, and some yarn for Christmas in 2008 and I've been learning ever since. I got frustrated with my ability (or lack thereof) and put it down for a while. But my friend is having a baby so I decided to crochet a hat and blanket for her! I'm getting better and loving it!