Just how old are you?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 17 and i've been crocheting for 3 years now and i get wired looks at school too when i take my crochet with me  :lol 

Don't worry about those weird looks at your school. Think of it as if they are admiring & thinking how nice it would be to learn what you are working on!

• 1 year later...

I'm 32 this year. I started in late 2016 and I am addicted but still semi-new to the craft. As a stay at home mom, I have lots of time to research patterns and ideas for my kids. I have made quite the stash of Amigurumi and costumes for my 7 year old.

On 3/18/2010 at 2:39 PM, DustyChica said:

I am just curious to see the age of my fellow hookers on here. :) I'm 18 and I've been crocheting since I was 16. It's funny because sometimes I will take my crochet to school with me and my friends give me funny looks. (That is, until they want me to make them something.)

So how old are you? I know that crochet (and knit, for that matter) isn't just for your 80-year-old grandmother anymore, though I'm sure some grandmas out there still enjoy it. :)

BAD question!!! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm the youngest! I am 12 years old and will be thirteen in December. I ONLY do amigurumi, I can't stand even making a doll size blanket. I also sew and have just started needle felting. I had to make a fake birthday in order to get an account... shh! Lol

I am 17 and have been crocheting since for a little over three years now, I have my own Etsy shop that I am currently writing patterns for, I need pattern testers! The first one is done and ready to be tested. Check the testers section for more info. craftingatthepoole.etsy.com or craftingatthepoole at gmail dot com. Happy Crafting!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CraftingAtThePoole said:

I am 17 and have been crocheting since for a little over three years now, I have my own Etsy shop that I am currently writing patterns for, I need pattern testers! The first one is done and ready to be tested. Check the testers section for more info. craftingatthepoole.etsy.com or craftingatthepoole at gmail dot com. Happy Crafting!

What sort of patterns? I tried but couldn't find your etsy 😖 When I am thirteen I'm going to start an etsy

Hi Lilly! Here's a direct link, if you really want to see it. I don't have everything listed yet, and some things are expiring tonight I won't be renewing. 20 cents per listing for four months isn't worth it, I'll wait for a Christmas bazaar.   https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftingatthepoole/

Sadly, unless you use a parent's account as your own, you can't open an etsy shop in your own name until you are 18. Ask your parents first, 'cause you need to hook up a bank account. 

Just some small things to start with, here's a pic of the one I have the pattern for finished. They're little stress ball amigurumi, which will hopefully interest you, since I think you said that's all you like! I too can't just sit down and crochet a baby blanket. Not unless I have a really good reason and am watching a movie. ;)

The other stuff I have so far to convert into patterns are a new design of fingerless gloves in a stitch pattern I came up with, a muff that goes over a baseball cap made out of bernat blanket yarn, and some other random stuff. 

20191022_174252-01.jpeg

Edited by CraftingAtThePoole

• 2 months later...

I am 79 and the great-grandmother of nine grand-kids in the last three years. Thanks to Google I have been crocheting for approximately two years, although I did crochet a baby afghan back in 2003.  In 2018 I decided to start by crocheting this same afghan, hoping it would be easier as some of it would come back to me--NOT SO. http://iweararedhat.blogspot.com/2018/11/baby-afghan-crochet-blanket-gone-wrong.html

Over the last year I have crocheted several beanies. I have one more beanie project waiting on me, but I have just started a lacy baby blanket--I am thinking it may be too advanced for me. I will be posting questions to the forum; I have a way of making mountains out of molehills.

Edited by Lucien

• 6 months later...

I turned 59 Feb. 13 (59 1/2 soon). My big sis taught me granny squares when I was 9 (10 :think). I learned basics in 8th grade as part of the sewing class. Then I collected books and taught myself and I've been :crocheting ever since. I take my "knitty ditty" bag (as little sis called it) everywhere. I never paid attention to people looking, unless they asked questions.

Ellie 13

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...