Just how old are you?

• 5 weeks later...

I have been crocheting since 1944 when I was 8 yrs old. I learned from my mother and mostly the older vintage patterns with the basic design that made us think .

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to be 30 at the end of this year. My mom taught me to crochet when I was tiny - like three or four years old. I really got into it on my own around age 10 or so. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm 38 and I've been crocheting on an off since I was 4, maybe?  My Great-Aunt Carol was an avid crocheter, and she taught me how to "finger crochet".  I made a few things with a hook when I was a teenager, and when I was 21, I decided to try baby items.  Since then, I've bounced between knitting and crocheting.  Right now, my knitting is on the back burner, and crocheting has taken the spotlight.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 23 and I don't remember when I first started crocheting. Somewhere between 6 and 10, because I know when I first made a shirt for a frog toy I was 12 and had been crocheting a few years before then.

• 1 month later...

I'm 26 years old, and have been crocheting for about two years. I wish I'd learned earlier, though! Often, when I'm crocheting in public, people will come up to me and tell me how great it is to see a young person crocheting. I guess they are happy to see their beloved craft survive.

I am 27 and I have been crocheting for 20 years! since I was 7 and I love it!  I get comments too when I am out with whatever project I am working on! It used to be worse when I was so obviously a teenager and they couldnt believe I could crochet! haha

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, we are of all ages here!  That's so great.  I will be 68 in June. I'm a grandmother 4 times.  I have done embroidery, counted cross stitch, knitting and craft show goodies in my younger years.  I recently picked up crochetting again.  Never have made anything complicated, but I enjoy crocheting more than anything these days. It's so relaxing and rewarding. This is a lovely group and I'm happy to be a part of it. :ghug:ty

• 1 month later...