Just how old are you?

I'm in my 50's. I learned back in high school. When we moved back to the states I left all my hooks & knitting needles (I had just started learning to knit) behind, thinking I wouldn't have time for that sort of thing anymore. Boy, am I kicking myself now!! It's been 20 yrs and I now have time on my hands and crocheting is the perfect thing to fill it.

You ask how old I am...well, let's put it this way...It depends who's asking...I have a few replies..."Older than the hills." or "Older than dirt." then there is the polite reply..."It's not proper to ask a lady how old she is." These usually work but then I'll top it off with my correct age and say "Proud of it !" Since this is just between us "old hookers" I'll let you know that I am 71 and have lived longer than any of my female relatives...Ain't that somethin' to crow about???

• 2 months later...

I'm 29, turning 30 in July. I learned how to crochet as a little girl, but never really liked it or stuck with it --- picked it up again when I was 24 as a way to cope with some difficult life circumstances and needless to say.. I got "hooked".

I tell everyone that I'm "practicing to be a grandma" because I crochet and do many other things that most people my age don't do, such as talk with all of the neighborhood cats, go to bed before sunset, and watch the news and Jeopardy nearly everyday!!! I sure wish I knew or could meet up with other people my own age who crochet and are as in love with it as I am.

• 2 weeks later...

i will be 30 this month and i have been crocheting since i was 17 on and off. i taught myself. nobody in my family does it and then i met my now husband and his mom and sister also crochets.

I'm 27 and I just started. The funniest thing is whenever I talk to my mom or various female family members (mostly aunts) they almost all say, "Oh yeah, I used to crochet when I was younger!" Its kinda funny to hear them all say that. :) I think my mom points to the 70's when talking about it. :)

I'm 29, turning 30 in July. I learned how to crochet as a little girl, but never really liked it or stuck with it --- picked it up again when I was 24 as a way to cope with some difficult life circumstances and needless to say.. I got "hooked".

I tell everyone that I'm "practicing to be a grandma" because I crochet and do many other things that most people my age don't do, such as talk with all of the neighborhood cats, go to bed before sunset, and watch the news and Jeopardy nearly everyday!!! I sure wish I knew or could meet up with other people my own age who crochet and are as in love with it as I am.

I just turned 39 a couple weeks ago, and I totally agree with you! I too wish I could find other people to have a coffee klatch with. I tell people I'm the crazy aunt you always hear about, and let me tell you, the neighborhood cats are often better conversationalists than the neighbors!

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandma taught me to knit when I was 10 --and a dear friend thought me to crochet when I was about 35 and have been crocheting since then

by the way Im 85 so its a mighty long time and still love it

Hestoria

Just turned 41 last week so been crocheting for 22 yrs now. Crocheting and quilting taught me patience when I was pregnant with my son.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 24 and have been crocheting since I was in 5th grade. I don't think I picked up a hook between 7th grade and college though. I went home one weekend with my college roommate and saw her mom crocheting. She encouraged me to grab a hook and start something. Needless to say, my roommate wasn't too happy that I spent the weekend crocheting with her mom instead of meeting her friends. :)

I crocheted on and off through college. I graduated two years ago and have just started up again. What got me going again was a baby blanket for a new family member. I've been more addicted this time than any time I've picked up a hook before.