Finally found yarn at my Dollar Tree!!

WVUAlesha

I tried the Deals store by AC Moore today but they didn't have any. They redid the craft area and now it's really small. So I felt it was my duty to then go into AC Moore and stock up on baby yarn since it is on sale. Shhh....don't tell my hubby. :rofl

My lips are sealed! haha! Let me know if you see Cotton Yarn on sale anywhere. I need to start stocking up.

hmmm...i'm parked outside of a joann's waiting for it open at ten...but there is a dollar tree real close by also...wonder when they open?!? never knew dollar tree carried yarn. hope this one in tacoma, wa does...

w00t! they open at 9!

I love when that happens!!! And yes - you shoulda stocked up at that price!

Last Fall I bought a treasure trove of Moda Dea Washable Wool at 3 of the DT's near me and filled a bin with it - so far it is working up into a brilliant MAM that is sorta a "go to" project for me in between others.

It is orange, rust, red, brown and taupe all the same yarn! At this rate it'll be done in the Fall this year - but no matter - the price was right!

I have seen bits of this yarn in the "clearance" bin at AC Moore with a $3 per skein reduced price on it!!!!!

So definitely a deal!

OMG! I found them in our local DT too. I bought all they had of the summer rose, 10. I hope that will be enough to make something. The hard part is finding a pattern to use these "finds" in. Most patterns seem to be designed for a specific yarn. I have a closet full of my "finds" that I haven't found a workable pattern for or not enough of 1 color.

I live 2 mile from ac moore lol (delaware) they have I think lion brand fun yarn tiny like 2 oz or less for 99 cent I didnt buy any because I didnt like the texture but i brought really weird yarn thats rainbow and thick homespun-style in mill ends bin I looked in ravelry stash it and it look alot like patons melody color daze and 4 caron ss

I live 2 mile from ac moore lol (delaware) they have I think lion brand fun yarn tiny like 2 oz or less for 99 cent I didnt buy any because I didnt like the texture but i brought really weird yarn thats rainbow and thick homespun-style in mill ends bin I looked in ravelry stash it and it look alot like patons melody color daze and 4 caron ss

I wanted to make it over to AC Moore this weekend because they had a 50% off coupon...I just never made it...

• 4 weeks later...
found other dollar store that sell yarn, its at "just a buck" store in kirkwood hwy they have like 8 or so different color, small but not tiny skein and very soft, thought you'd like to know :)

Where on Kirkwood? What kind of yarn?

I was at the Christmas Tree Shop on 202 by Target and they had Fun Fur for .75 last week. I didn't buy any b/c I don't like working with it, but I did get excited for a second just to see yarn there. lol

LOVE that store...don't get up there often though...

I bought 7 skeins of Pine, 6 each of Baby's Blush, Oecan Mist and Twig. I am looking for more of these four colors before I start an afghan out of the Ocean Mist and Twig. Does anyoneknow where this Rhapsody has been? It is not on the website and appears to have only been sold to Dollar Tree.

I bought 7 skeins of Pine, 6 each of Baby's Blush, Oecan Mist and Twig. I am looking for more of these four colors before I start an afghan out of the Ocean Mist and Twig. Does anyoneknow where this Rhapsody has been? It is not on the website and appears to have only been sold to Dollar Tree.

I'm not sure if our Dollar Tree has anymore...but I can look. How many were you thinking you needed?

What I understand is this yarn was discontinued. A new dollar tree opened up around here and they have the yarn there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived