Finally found yarn at my Dollar Tree!!

WVUAlesha

Caron Rhapsody - 2 oz scanes. They are gorgeous heather colors. I bought 2 scanes of 4 colors...but I wanted so much more. Can't wait until my exam is over tomorrow so I can start working on something. I grounded myself from crocheting until after my exam LOL

Wow you showed great restraint, I bought 26 skeins! Want to go back and get more as well. Saw other colors in another Dollar Tree held back but oh I want it! :D

:woosounds like a great find! you just never know what to expect at dollar tree. we have a ton of them in this area, but only one seems to carry yarn and I have to hit it just right!

Your boyfriend should be proud that you are an amazing bargain shopper! At least I keep telling my husband that...he usually isn't convinced

Tiny scanes...but really pretty colors and unless there is a great sale Caron's is 3.99 for a 4 ounce scane at Joann's...so I thought it was a decent deal. I think I'm going to make a brimmed hat out of one scane to see how much it takes.

Caron Rhapsody - 2 oz scanes. They are gorgeous heather colors. I bought 2 scanes of 4 colors...but I wanted so much more. Can't wait until my exam is over tomorrow so I can start working on something. I grounded myself from crocheting until after my exam LOL

You could always stitch and say your study materials. :)

When I was studying for my medical transcription exams. I would stitch and say

Chlor (stitch)- green emia (stitch) - swelling

hehe I passed with flying colors!

xo

I think I bought over 70 of them...but take them out into the sun and see what color you REALLY have! the gray and greens change color in the sunlight!!

I saw it too at my local store. I didn't buy any though. The skeins are only 2 ounces, so I didn't think it was that great of a deal.

I bought a few but I agree that it isn't a great deal.

mine look/smell ok lol. They are tiny scanes though. I'm trying my hat pattern with one right now to see how far it goes. I sell them for $15-20...so if I can get one hat out of a scane it's an awesome deal. we'll see...

Newark Shopping Center @ U of D. They didn't have much left when I was there Saturday...it was up front by the windows. small 2 ounce scanes.

The Dollar Deals place? love that place...don't get over there enough. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? If I get down there again I could check for you.

I wish I could find some at ours....it has been over a year since I have seen any at our Dollar Tree :(

The last time I found it was over a year ago and it was that bubbly looking baby yarn. I gave it away before I figured out that if I used a bigger hook it was a lot easier...bummer. lol

I am now working with one of my skeins,it is a bit splitty but not too bad. I am using them for some slipper socks for a co-worker. She has bad circulation and had trouble finding affordable bed socks that were wide enough at the top so I am making her three pair. So far so good. :)

Good for you! Our Dollar Tree has not ever had anything other than novelty yarns, although that hasn't stopped me from loading up my stash with them! :lol

Since the holidays I have added 80 (yes, that 8-0) skeins to my stash at a rate of about 20 per month. I'm sorry, I just can't resist $1 a skein, I don't care WHAT it is! :lol

I now have a truckload of Paton's Carmen, Paton's Cha-Cha and Lion Brand Fun Fur in my stash in quite a few different colors. The Lion Brand Fun Fur I have in a pretty shade of dark teal, champagne, and three different variegated colorways. The Paton's Carmen I have in chocolate brown, tan and pink, and the Paton's Cha-Cha I have in white. I'll find something to use them for, even if it's just for accenting things on larger pieces or motifs. I used two skeins of the pink Carmen to make a pair of house shoes for my friend's four year old granddaughter. She LOVES them, they practically have to wrestle them off her feet to be able to wash them!

Two years ago I bought 18 skeins of Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn at Dollar Tree, 9 in the Blues colorway and 9 in the Autumn Leaves colorway. I still haven't come up with anything to use them for, but again, at the price of $1, I couldn't not buy them!

You're so lucky finding a regular yarn-type yarn there for $1!

Yes, it's a regular type yarn - but the scanes are soooo tiny. They are perfect for that new hat pattern I've been working on.

Toni - I found some at the DT on Concord Pike - Talleyville.

I bought 9 more scanes last night....and my Boyfriend was with me and ENCOURAGED me...woot woot! haha

I tried the Deals store by AC Moore today but they didn't have any. They redid the craft area and now it's really small. So I felt it was my duty to then go into AC Moore and stock up on baby yarn since it is on sale. Shhh....don't tell my hubby. :rofl

Archived