Oahu, Hi

Beanie

Hi :waving

I saw your intro post, yesterday, but I never remembered to go back and offer a, "Welcome!"

I spend 5-6 weeks on Oahu every winter, and I was excited to read that you live in Honolulu. I have just got to ask, "Where do you find yarn, there?" I have picked up a skein (or 2 :wink) at your Wal-mart, but I have not had any luck finding nifty Local Yarn Stores, or the like... Do you know of any?

This response is not really helping you find local crocheters, is it? Sorry 'bout that :2blush I returned home on Sunday, March 7. Too bad :( I hope you have luck finding a group there to share your passion! There's always next winter, when I get to escape the arctic-like temps for your glorious sunshine :xfin (P.S. Have the winds died-down and the spotty showers left the islands, yet? My last couple of days were a little drippy :rainbow, but, at least, it was mild :yes)

Have a great day :hook

There are a few yarn shops, I go all the way up to Aloha Yarn in Kanoehe (I'm in Salt Lake). Next time your in town check them out (http://www.alohayarn.com). They have so much yarn and the people are very nice.

Oh, we also have a Ben Franklin (kinda like Micheal's) here in Salt Lake on Pa'a St. They have alot of yarn but there's only a few different brands.

As for the weather, it hasn't rained today so hopefully all that mess is gone. I'm a moped driver so the rain kinda ruined every plan I had for the past week.

I hope you had a wonderful vacation. I just got back from South Lake Tahoe & San Francisco about 2 weeks ago.

-Beanie

Aloha - I married into a Philippino-Hawaiian family from Lana'i, though they all live in southern California now. We are involved in the Hawaiian community here and do a lot of cultural activities, volunteer at the Ho'olaule'a, dance hule, etc. We ususally visit Honolulu 1-2 weeks every year to visit friends and family. Thanks for the link to the yarn shop in Kaneohe. Do they carry any crochet patterns suitable for the warmer Hawaii/California weather? I like to crochet, but have a hard time finding patterns for lightweight clothing items.... A hui ho.

Next time I go up there, I'll look to see if they have lightweight patterns. I've honestly never bought patterns from them, I always get mine from the internet.

Next time I go up there, I'll look to see if they have lightweight patterns. I've honestly never bought patterns from them, I always get mine from the internet.

Mahalo!

Archived