Goodwill score

Robi

Crochet Companion is a small book that tells you all different kinds of stitches and how to do them. It has a little spiral top and I think it even stands up on its own so that you can look at it while crocheting. A very handy little book!

Crochet Companion is a small book that tells you all different kinds of stitches and how to do them. It has a little spiral top and I think it even stands up on its own so that you can look at it while crocheting. A very handy little book!

:ty for explaining what Crochet Companion is. You did such a good job now I want one. But if you could see how many crochet books, patterns, and magazines I have in my collection you would wonder why I wanted to add one more. You would think, "Doesn't she have enough already?".

:ty for explaining what Crochet Companion is. You did such a good job now I want one. But if you could see how many crochet books, patterns, and magazines I have in my collection you would wonder why I wanted to add one more. You would think, "Doesn't she have enough already?".

:lolKathy too funny! But you know she did such a good job I want one too:rofl

:lolKathy too funny! But you know she did such a good job I want one too:rofl

After I finished visiting Crochetville last night I looked on ebay for one. Although I found several none of them were at the good price she found her's for. So I will keep looking and hoping I find one close to the $3.99 price. But that's what makes the hunt so much fun is trying to get the best price. Good luck in your hunt. May the best huntress bag the best buy on Crochet Companion first.:yes:yes:jumpyay:jumpyay

After I finished visiting Crochetville last night I looked on ebay for one. Although I found several none of them were at the good price she found her's for. So I will keep looking and hoping I find one close to the $3.99 price. But that's what makes the hunt so much fun is trying to get the best price. Good luck in your hunt. May the best huntress bag the best buy on Crochet Companion first.:yes:yes:jumpyay:jumpyay

:rofl:rofl:rofl:yes:yes:yes:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay

I saw some yarn at my Goodwill store in plastic bags with five skeins in each bag for $5.04. I thought that was a good price, but I'm really trying to stay in the Positives in Stashbusting, so I didn't buy any. I was so good that day!

:manyheart

Good job! On one hand I am trying to destash and use up what yarn I have, but then I go to the thrift stores and "just take a peek"...Last time I ONLY spent 16.00 on a HUGE amount of yarn...........sigh.

I don't see yarn or thread at thrift stores. Don't have the luck here. I truely think who ever works at the store gets it before it hits the shelf.

other than that I haven't bought any yarn in a while. But I have bought thread online.

Wooo hoo so far I am in the lead for the best bargan on this lovely little book. I got mine for free for giving a crochet class to the new owner of the LYS ( She wanted to know if it was a good book for beginers so I got to give her a review too). Not to mention that I also got paid and some free yarn!!

• 1 month later...

when shopping thrift stores for yarn...i feel like i am "rescuing" the poor yarn...like it's some poor animal dropped off a the shelter...whining to me "buy me take me home...don't i deserve to be made into something nice" of course new yarn whispers that to me also...i think i need to get my hearing checked...

when shopping thrift stores for yarn...i feel like i am "rescuing" the poor yarn...like it's some poor animal dropped off a the shelter...whining to me "buy me take me home...don't i deserve to be made into something nice" of course new yarn whispers that to me also...i think i need to get my hearing checked...

:lol:D:):lol Naaah, your hearing is just fine. It has to be since I hear the same thing all the time. Which may explain why I have such a huge stash of yarn on hand. Last year I decided I would not buy any more yarn until I put a big dent in my stash. Well, to date I have done alright just not a big dent yet. A small one though. I did add some cotton yarn to my stash as I did not have much on hand and what I did have was very limited in color range. I also bought some skeins of ILTY, but I bought just enough to make an afghan for a wedding present which I still need to finish. Then a little over a month ago I bought a new winter coat. It was a regular $90 coat for $20. They only had orange left in my size which is a plus size so that meant I had to buy some yarn to make me a hat and scarf or maybe a hooded scarf. I bought some orange, yellow and pink in Caron's Simple Soft. Okay, since I was buying some yarn for me I decided to also buy 1 skein each of 2 different varigated RHSS yarn to match the 1 skein of each I already had on hand. I wanted to make sure I had enough yarn to make a matching cap and scarf set from each to put in my church's clothes closets. I have been making caps and scarves for the clothes closet since last year. That's how I have put a small dent in my huge yarn stash. So you see, your hearing is just fine. Its just like my hearing. AAAAAA - WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID!!!!!! :rofl :rofl

• 4 weeks later...

So THAT'S what all those voices I hear in the craft store are! LOL!!

Archived