I started my first ami last night and I guess because I was crocheting too tightly, I ruptured a blood vessel in my right ring finger. I noticed my hand was sore but I was determined to finish the head and kept going. When I stopped, I realized I couldn't feel my finger! I went to bed last night numb and today, after over 12 hours, it still feels funny. It feels like when your foot just wakes up and is sore to the touch lol. I want to finish my ami but I think I may need a break...

Oh my goodness! That is not good, I would take a break, maybe stretch your finger out some.

Oh my, Mommie2Jillie! Yes, definitely take a break until you get your finger back into healthy crocheting condition. I can imagine something like this happening while holding a small diameter project too tensely while working a tight stitch.

I too am 'wounded', but from the abrasive yarn I'm currently using; fortunately, I'm not out of commission. What we go through for our art, eh? Hang in there, kiddo!

Take care of that finger, the ami will wait. :hug

:turtle:vheart