Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll

darski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Absolutely adorable - I am making this for a little girl at our church. She was in the hospital on Christmas with pneumonia an I gave her a prayer afghan. Her grandmother gave her a baby doll and matchings clothes for her and the doll. I am going to make this for the baby doll who she calls 'baby'.

I have fell in LOVE with this pattern I think it is soooooooooooo cute! Plus I have been looking for something to make for a baby shower coming up. What I am wondering is if I go up a hook size will that make it just a touch bigger like say 19 inches or 20 inches? Also do you think it would be best to do this with baby yarn?

I have fell in LOVE with this pattern I think it is soooooooooooo cute! Plus I have been looking for something to make for a baby shower coming up. What I am wondering is if I go up a hook size will that make it just a touch bigger like say 19 inches or 20 inches? Also do you think it would be best to do this with baby yarn?

i had a friend who made this and she used 2 strands of a baby yarn to get the size she wanted. It was 2 strands of SW yarn and a 6.mm hook. It could have used a 6.5mm hook but she didn't have one. :wlol

it came out the right size for a newborn.

Thats an awesome pattern. I've not tried clothes yet, but i think this would be fairly easy to do. I've been summoned to make clothes for my 7 yr old's AG doll. I think i could sew them easier than crochet them!!

Thats an awesome pattern. I've not tried clothes yet, but i think this would be fairly easy to do. I've been summoned to make clothes for my 7 yr old's AG doll. I think i could sew them easier than crochet them!!

There are lots of AG type patterns here if you want to try them.

I have a Yahoo group if you want them all in one place. search Duds for Doras

What a sweet idea, Thanks for sharing it.

I am making one for one of our special needs ladies we care for,

who loves her dolls.

She's been with us fro 5 years and she brings us so much joy.

Thank you for telling me this. it is this sort of thing that makes my efforts worth while. Happiness of spirit is important in these times.

• 1 year later...

Hi there!  I know it's been a long time since this was posted, but I have a question about the pattern.

When we start a new round of double crochet, we chain 4.  Does this count as the first dc in the round?  That is, for the first 'segment' of the pentagram in row 2, wouldn't it be "chain 4, 1dc in same dc, 2dc in next dc, chain 1, 2dc in next 2 dc, chain 1, ..." and so on?

I find I have a little bit of a gap between the chain 4 that starts the new round and the first '2dc in next dc' stitch.  I could be doing something wrong, but other patterns have had us use that chain 4 as the first dc in the round.

thanks much!  This is adorable!

Hi there!  I know it's been a long time since this was posted, but I have a question about the pattern.

When we start a new round of double crochet, we chain 4.  Does this count as the first dc in the round?  That is, for the first 'segment' of the pentagram in row 2, wouldn't it be "chain 4, 1dc in same dc, 2dc in next dc, chain 1, 2dc in next 2 dc, chain 1, ..." and so on?

I find I have a little bit of a gap between the chain 4 that starts the new round and the first '2dc in next dc' stitch.  I could be doing something wrong, but other patterns have had us use that chain 4 as the first dc in the round.

thanks much!  This is adorable!

When I start any sort of granny I always start in the corner.  For a standard granny I do a ch 5 {1dc and ch2} and 3 dc in the same space.  I finish this off when I come back around by putting in 2 dc and joining in 3rd ch of ch5.

This does two things: it makes it easy to slst into the corner space and it provides a stronger, more stable join as well.

I did the same thing here for the same reasons.

I'm sorry I did not get to this sooner but notifications are still dodgy with the new software.  Hope this explains it for you.

• Donna changed the title to Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll