Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll

darski

Please help! I have been trying all day to make the twinkle, twinkle there is no st count after row 2 and it doesn't tell if/where to sl st in each row anywhere in the pattern. I have only worked the first 6 rows and it is wavy also   in row 5 I end up with 14 stitches row 6 indicates I should have 15 because it reads (copy & pasted) Row 6: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 12, 2dc in next 2, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

Please help! I have been trying all day to make the twinkle, twinkle there is no st count after row 2 and it doesn't tell if/where to sl st in each row anywhere in the pattern. I have only worked the first 6 rows and it is wavy also   in row 5 I end up with 14 stitches row 6 indicates I should have 15 because it reads (copy & pasted) Row 6: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 12, 2dc in next 2, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

did you get the PM I sent?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! My 2nd son is about to arrive (I'm 37 weeks pregnant !) so I'm in a last minute crochet rush ! I really want to make this one for him, but I wonder if you have a gage swatch or any measure that could help me to adjust before I get too far in the process (like the "diameter" of a pentagone, anything). I tried to look for it, I hope I didn't miss the info, if so sorry to annoy with this ! I saw that it fits a 18" doll so I might do it a bit larger, but à référence to compare would be welcome.

And sorry for my English. I'm a French canadian :)

Thanks for this awesome share !

Felindra_rach@hotmail.com

Hello !

Would you mind if I translated the pattern into my language (danish) and posted it somewhere? I would give you full credit and all that. I am not trying to steal your pattern.

Please consider it : )

//Johanne

yes of course.  Hope it is enjoyed there as well.

Hi ! My 2nd son is about to arrive (I'm 37 weeks pregnant !) so I'm in a last minute crochet rush ! I really want to make this one for him, but I wonder if you have a gage swatch or any measure that could help me to adjust before I get too far in the process (like the "diameter" of a pentagone, anything). I tried to look for it, I hope I didn't miss the info, if so sorry to annoy with this ! I saw that it fits a 18" doll so I might do it a bit larger, but à référence to compare would be welcome.

And sorry for my English. I'm a French canadian :)

Thanks for this awesome share !

Felindra_rach@hotmail.com

I think the pattern as written where you crochet somewhat loosely will fit a newborn.  A friend of mine made this with 2 strands of Sport Weight yarn (3 of 6) with a 6.mm hook and it was the right size for her new grandson.

I don't do gauges for doll clothes... sorry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This is very cute but there see may to be many inconsistencies/errors in the published pattern. Before I get too head-long into it, I'm curious if you've issued an errata for this pattern to correct the instructions on row 2 to refer to the hdc of row 1 and the count errors that arise in rows5, 6, and 7. Also, the pattern doesn't indicate whether you are joining to the ch4 at the beginning after row 2. I'm assuming you do and that you don't turn at the e d of the row (round)....

• 3 months later...

I understand the issues with rows 5-8 -- I found this thread specifically looking for understanding on this.  I'm sincerely offering my help here, at the risk of stepping on toes, so please correct me if I'm wrong...

I think the count on each row is meant to be this:

Row 1: 10

Row 2: 20

Row 3: 30
Row 4: 50

Row 5: 70

Row 6: 80

Row 7: 90
Row 8: 100

For clarification, I think the instructions are meant to be read as:

Row 6: 2 dc in first dc, dc in each of the next 12 dc, 2 dc in last dc (16 dc per section, 80 total)

Row 7: 2 dc in first dc, dc in each of the next 14 dc, 2 dc in last dc (18 dc per section, 90 total)

Row 8: 2 dc in first dc, dc in each of the next 16 dc, 2 dc in last dc (20 dc per section, 100 total)

*Be sure to add the chain 1 between the sections as per the instructions.

I tried counting the stitches in the photo to be sure of the count, but it was hard to see.  

FWIW, mine doesn't lay exactly flat, either, but it's not going to matter once it's on the baby. :)

I also saw someone asking about turning the work.  You do not turn the work on the pentagram, but just from glancing at the instructions, you will have to for the points.

Cheers!

Edited by Blisschick
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello 

I Know you make the patten And want to ask if i can put in Danish with some change so it fit a baby but with not close in arms and feer so i can make it in more size. Og cause i will use your name of the patten and the change in my name. So all Credit of your so cute twinkile will go around. 

In Best hope 

Regards Lisa Jørgensen from Denmark 

On 12/8/2017 at 0:20 AM, Trilleribs said:

Hello 

I Know you make the patten And want to ask if i can put in Danish with some change so it fit a baby but with not close in arms and feer so i can make it in more size. Og cause i will use your name of the patten and the change in my name. So all Credit of your so cute twinkile will go around. 

In Best hope 

Regards Lisa Jørgensen from Denmark 

Hi Lisa

I already made this pattern, you can see it here: http://www.mosterjohanne.dk/portfolio/baby_stjerne/

God dag : D

Stjerne1.png

Stjerne2.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2013 at 9:36 AM, Stinaborch said:

Is this an error? In the pentagons row 6 it says:

Row 6: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 12, #2DC IN NEXT 2#, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

But there is only 1 left and according to row 5 there are 14 stitches on each side of the Pentagon. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. (I'm talking about the # part)

:)

I understand what you mean as I had the same problem,  it should read "2DC IN NEXT" omit the 2. That way the section is even, Row 6, ch4, *2dc in next st, 1dc in next 12 st, 2dc in last st, ch1*. miss the chain st of the previous round and rep from * to * for the other sections, at the end of the last section the last 2dc becomes 1dc into the same st as the chain4, as the pattern note states.

• Like 1

• Donna changed the title to Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll