Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll

darski

• 2 weeks later...

First of all - this is a very cute pattern! I made it up for my 16" Cabbage Patch girl. :tup  

I did have to make some adjustments:

--I used a size J (US) crochet hook.

--On the base pentagon, I had to add a Row 9 as follows: 

Row 9: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 18, 2dc in next 2, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

This made a HUGE difference in stitch counts for the rest of the pieces.

--I also changed Row 6 of the hat piece as follows:

Row 6: dc in 1st, dc dec in next, dc in 6, dc dec, dc in 6, dc dec, dc in last.

I just couldn't make the stich count come out right otherwise.

Thanks for your hard work on this pattern - I think it is much cuter, and easier to work, than the ones (knit and crochet) that Lion's offers.

I would like to thank you for this beautiful pattern, in fact I am expecting a new baby (my first) :)

and this pattern was my husband choice actually.

I want to make this star larger to fit a life baby, I think its easy to add 2 or 3 rows in the pentagon and continue working on the back pentagon , but I  don't know how to fix the hat sections and other parts.

maybe you can help me with some notes or tips.

Thank you again  

I would like to thank you for this beautiful pattern, in fact I am expecting a new baby (my first) :)

and this pattern was my husband choice actually.

I want to make this star larger to fit a life baby, I think its easy to add 2 or 3 rows in the pentagon and continue working on the back pentagon , but I  don't know how to fix the hat sections and other parts.

maybe you can help me with some notes or tips.

Thank you again  

A friend of mine wanted to make this for a new baby.  She used 2 strands of Sport Weight yarn and it came out just the right size for a newborn.  No changes needed just the 2 strands of yarn and a 6.mm hook.

She used this yarn

It just occured to me that you could use a bulky yarn and get a goodly sized increase.  I might try that just with the first pentagon for a gauge idea

Edited by darski

actually I will deliver my baby  in summer time, that's why I am not using bulky yarn, it will be very thick.

however, I'll try to work 3 extra rows in the pentagon and work the back as mentioned in the pattern, and I will try to figure out how can I fix the other parts.

thanks for your hard work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this an error? In the pentagons row 6 it says:

Row 6: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 12, #2DC IN NEXT 2#, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

But there is only 1 left and according to row 5 there are 14 stitches on each side of the Pentagon. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. (I'm talking about the # part)

:)

Edited by Stinaborch

Is this an error? In the pentagons row 6 it says:

Row 6: ch 4, * 2dc in next, dc in 12, #2DC IN NEXT 2#, ch 1* repeat to end allowing for pattern notes.

But there is only 1 left and according to row 5 there are 14 stitches on each side of the Pentagon. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. (I'm talking about the # part)

:)

I'm afraid I don't know what you are asking.  I would point out that the pattern does say...

repeat to end allowing for pattern notes

That generally means that it may not work out exactly as written but it's close enough.  This pattern goes back a couple of years so I don't have the thing here to check it.

• 1 month later...

I love it. I was looking for a pattern like this to make for my little girl. How would you adapt it to fit a new born or 0-3 months?

A friend of mine did this for a newborn.  She used 2 strands of Bernat Coordinates yarn w. a 6.mm hook.  It looked to be the right size when finished.

the doll for this is not that far from a small newborn size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you for the pattern I am making it now but I am using a larger hook and adding a few rows to see if I can make it to fit a real baby.  I hope it looks as good as your original.

• 1 month later...

Hello ..this is my first time on here & I am so happy that you are sharing this Star Pattern. I was asked by my niece if I would make this for her first Grandchild due in a few weeks.. was wondering if I need to do a few more rounds to fit a newborn?there was a post saying someone has made this for  baby ,would be great if she would contact me ..thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this cute pattern!  I just finished for my great nephew, using Caron Simply Soft, Sunshine Yellow.  I used a cheap stiff 3/8 ribbon and tapestry needle to baste the edges together,(1/2 in. inside outside edge) before crocheting the join edge sc.  It worked sweet...just pull it out, and go on to next star point. It's adorable !!!! 

Thank you so much for this cute pattern!  I just finished for my great nephew, using Caron Simply Soft, Sunshine Yellow.  I used a cheap stiff 3/8 ribbon and tapestry needle to baste the edges together,(1/2 in. inside outside edge) before crocheting the join edge sc.  It worked sweet...just pull it out, and go on to next star point. It's adorable !!!! 

what a good idea.  basting can make it all so much easier..  I tend to use a hook through the two layers to keep my pieces together while stitching it up.

Thank you so much for the pattern. Here is the one I made. I tried adding a few rows to make it fit an infant. But used my cabbage patch doll as the model.

That is so sweet.  :heart

attachicon.gifDSC04492.JPGthank you for this beautiful pattern this is what I made. I sent it to my niece for her first grandbaby who arrived 5 weeks early & she loves it  will post with baby boy in it when he comes out of the hospital we hope by Christmas

that is a great one!  Love it :manyheart

• 4 months later...
  • Donna changed the title to Twinkle, Twinkle... Baby 18" Doll