Oliver's Butt Sweater

jennawing

Necessity is the mother of invention, right? This morning it was necessary that Ollie have some 'Hot Pants', so I invented her some. The next pair will be prettier and hopefully fit just a little more snuggly. Perhaps a nice daisy over her tail :P

Ollie's Butt Sweater-

post-22839-135897511287_thumb.jpg

Thanks, guys. They are silly, but you do what ya gotta do, huh? ;)

Some more pics:

The top shot is of the prototype- which was really more of a 'hurry and get something made' type. The bottom 3 are of what I would consider the perfected design, only she didn't like them as much- probably because the leg trim made them more restrictive. I shall try again and make them original size and THEN add the trim, since SC tightens up the work so much. I should have thought of that beforehand. Oh well. She will need a few pairs of them until she is out of heat, anyway, and perhaps I can just get by with stretching the green ones out a bit after I wash them.

post-22839-135897511344_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897511347_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897511349_thumb.jpg

post-22839-135897511353_thumb.jpg

Oh now that is just the cutest thing I ever did see! She looks adorable and I LOVE the daisy addition! Just a thought ---- maybe you could put a mini pad inside so you could get a little longer use from them. Your dogs are just adorable!!!

Thanks so much for the comments! Anything for our dogs (and our upholstery)

Just a thought ---- maybe you could put a mini pad inside so you could get a little longer use from them. Your dogs are just adorable!!!

I would but Ollie eats things. She has had surgery twice to remove a small bowel obstruction. You may have noticed the 2 big scars on her back- caused by a bacteria infection from the subQ fluids the second time. It would be a great idea for most dogs, but not Olliedog. :P

I did think of designing a type of frame pocket if I ever wrote the pattern up.

I had an old poodle that needed depends because they were high waisted enough to cover on him what I needed. I don't know if that was your problem and duck tape around the waist to keep it tight.

Very good ideas. I had thought of perhaps cotton worsted liners that could be changed frequently and maybe attached by velcro. Still thinking of ideas and appreciate all the suggestions. I admit I take forever to get around to writing out patterns, so keep 'em coming!

Luckily the spotting when bitches are in heat is pretty minimal, so just the pants themselves seem to be effective, though would be a lot less of a pain to not have to wash them so often!

Thanks so much for the comments! Anything for our dogs (and our upholstery)

I would but Ollie eats things. She has had surgery twice to remove a small bowel obstruction. You may have noticed the 2 big scars on her back- caused by a bacteria infection from the subQ fluids the second time. It would be a great idea for most dogs, but not Olliedog. :P

I did think of designing a type of frame pocket if I ever wrote the pattern up.

Awwww, poor Ollie! I can sympathize! Have had dogs that think everything is a snack! lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived