Kitten and her junk...

Kitteneater

Hi! Im super super new at the knitting/ crochet game sooooo....

not long ago I got myself a big ol' 1 pounder of sort of camel colored yarn and I've been mindlessly making things. I do phone work so to avoid munching I took up keeping the hands busy. Mostly its all without a pattern or any sense of what I am doing but heck! its fun.

So far:

1 very ugly knitted hat that I whipped it out on too big needles and that my son wears because it looks funny. teddy bears make the best models!

post-37050-13589751378_thumb.jpg

1 decent-ish knitted hat I lost the pattern to most of the way into it and finished off too early (little long to be unfolded on the cuff but not long enough to fold over).

post-37050-135897513785_thumb.jpg

1 crocheted camel (also ugly and not cute)

2 little flat crocheted camels (all camels went with hubby to Afghanistan)

1 fairly decent looking doilie looking afghan thing

post-37050-135897513792_thumb.jpg

For $1.25 I found some yarn at the Big Lots... so I decided to make some stuff!

1 sheep from a pattern that was with another pattern. I havent gotten the hang of putting eyes on things. Made a green one too for St. Pat's Day. I think the cat found him first though. I will look under the couch <3

post-37050-135897513476_thumb.jpg

1 thingy... ok not a thingy. I was playing with some fun eyelash yarn stuff and so help me I never want to crochet with it again... but its a sea urchin. I mean honestly, what else can you call a ball thats fuzzy?

post-37050-135897513499_thumb.jpg

1 tiny bunny. Tiny bunnys are fun to make. They take very little yarn and are fun to give to people when you you know it's their birthday but you really really do't really like them but you want to look like your trying. And kids. I'm sure there is a 5 years + girl that would love it.

post-37050-135897513803_thumb.jpg

1 "magic egg" I made up that phrase soooo no copying!! hehe j/k. I made a crocheted egg with a surprise inside.

post-37050-1358975138_thumb.jpg

post-37050-135897513798_thumb.jpg

1 ball. For lack of a better way to say it I made a ball. It might become part of something but for now its an idle way of keeping me from going cubicle crazy. Makes a fine tennis ball to annoy coworkers in the other cube :P

post-37050-135897513795_thumb.jpg

more to come>>>>

Im in the "Other Crochet" section until I decide what I am going to seriously do. Maybe something someone can actually wear and not get flogged in public... who knows!! <3:yay

So glad you are having fun hooking and knitting. Your hats are great. I admire folks that can make things without a pattern. I have to have explicit instructions or I'm lost. Keep crocheting and come back anytime to show off your handywork.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived