I have baby hats to donate...

Julz

I've used up a lot of my stash and made a bag full of baby hats...I'm not quite sure how many I have & I want to make some more...I was just wondering how or where to go about donating them for new born babies. If I go to my local hospital, how do I go about doing it? Or is there another organization/charity out there that I can just box them up and send to?

This is the first time I've got stuff to donate...so any info will greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks so much,

Julz:)

At the hospital that I take items to, there is a "child life" department and also a department that specifically handles donations in addition to a volunteer department. You might want to check out the hospital's website, or simply call up and ask the operator who to speak to for donations.

Thanks ladies!! I did call my local hospital and they told me that they don't have a labor & delivery but told me to go to my surrounding counties.

Valsey: thanks for the link, I will deffinatley check it out!!

I belong to a group called Carewear. (www.carewear.org). You can send your items to Bonnie in Maryland and she will distribute them. Or, they have a list of hospitals (maybe one near your) that you can send/take them too. Or, you could always send them to me, and I will make sure they get to the Children's Hospital here in Denver. I hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

I sent a bunch of hats to March of Dimes in my city, they distribute them as they have nurses visit several hospitals, and like to leave each baby in the nursery something.

Heres some of them! Nice and sunny here on that day, ha ha.

[ATTACH]25829[/ATTACH]

I have one hospital that I usually send things to, because they took care of my sister during a difficult preganancy. I do, however, like to seek out other recipients as well. When I do, I just call around and ask. Best wishes with distributing your baby hats. The babies will be cozy and blessed to have them! :manyheart

Have you looked in Marine Corp Kids? Babies born while Daddy's deployed get a handmade something as a way to say thank you for serving our country to the family.

Sandy

Archived