ZamilahRaks

sc in next ch-1 sp

15 posts in this topic

What exactly does this mean? The -1 is throwing me off... I'm starting a new row, so there's no way I could "back up" a space. :think

Thanks!

What does the first line of the pattern say exactly?

I think you're supposed to do a sc in the next space from where you chained one in the previous row, in next chain one not minus one.

On the previous row you did something like a (sc, ch 1, sc in next.....) Anyway, the ch 1 in that line will now be referred to as a ch-1 in future references to that space, in this instance it wants you to to do a sc in that ch-1 sp from the previous row. :0)

The previous row was three DC's, ch1, skip a chain and ended with a DC in last sc. Then on the next row the instructions say:

Row 3: ch 1, turn; sc in 1st ch-1 sp; *ch 6, sc in next ch-1 sp; repeat from * across. 24 (1X) ch-6 sp

So I should just chain one, turn it, and chain one in the next chain? That next stich is VERY loose, by the way... Chaining 6 on it is going to be weird... Wondering if I should just re-do the 3rd DC & start over from there.

Thanks ladies!!! Sorry for the dumb questions.:blush

I am thinking ch1 and ch-1 are the same, just written differently. Maybe a typo that wasn't caught because the proof-reader read them as the same.

Okay makes sense... I've been SO busy today that I haven't been able to pick up my project yet. Getting ready to FINALLY start it up again. I'll assume it's a typo & run with it.

i don't think it is really a typo, it is a hyphen i think, and ch-1 and ch1 mean the same thing.

I have a question about this too. I understand the ch-1 sp instruction, but what I want to know is: on row 2, when I'm getting ready to "dc in next ch-1 sp", I yarn over, then do I insert my hook in the top loops of the chain, or do I insert my hook in the "hole" left by skipping a ch in row 1? Does that make any sense? If not, I can add some pictures tomorrow. Thanks!

I have a question about this too. I understand the ch-1 sp instruction, but what I want to know is: on row 2, when I'm getting ready to "dc in next ch-1 sp", I yarn over, then do I insert my hook in the top loops of the chain, or do I insert my hook in the "hole" left by skipping a ch in row 1? Does that make any sense? If not, I can add some pictures tomorrow. Thanks!

The sp means whatever space (in this case the ch-1) there is.

So the hole is where you insert the hook.