I Got A Surprise Today!

DH was making a trip to WalMart today to pick up the three skeins of white yarn for the Snowflake Afghan that I forgot to buy when I was there last night. He called me from the store to tell me that they had no plain "white" and only had "soft white" and they only had three skeins, and he wanted to know if that was OK. I told him that the soft white would be just fine and to just get all three skeins. We hung up and I went back to browsing around when it dawned on me that he was taking longer than I expected to get back home. Finally, after about 45 minutes, I saw the dog perk up and knew that she was hearing im approaching the apartment. Our front door opened and DH stepped in. All he had gone to buy was the three skeins of white yarn, I couldn't imagine what was in all the bags! He smiled at me and said "here Tootsie Roll (his favorite nickname for me), these are for you! I hope I got good colors! I didn't get anything dark because I've been noticing the pictures of stuff you've been looking at and ooooh-ing and aaaah-ing over, and most of the things have these kinds of colors in them. I hope you like them." He knows me so well! I'd rather have yarn as a surprise than jewelry! :lol Anyway, here are pictures of the yarn. Oh, the three skeins of Soft White aren't in any of the pictures. I don't know why, I just didn't take them out of the bag, I think I was too shocked at the sight of all the other skeins and because I knew about the white, I just completely forgot about it! :lol

The bag in the last photo is a 33 gallon trash can bag, to give you an idea of the mass of this yarn! I can't wait to pick out some projects to make with it! The dark yarn that looks black is actually forest green and I'm going to use it with Baby Pink and aran for an afghan that looks like the pink is roses. It should be very pretty!

post-10342-135897510386_thumb.jpg

post-10342-13589751039_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897510393_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897510396_thumb.jpg

Aww, Elle- what a sweet DH!!! Funny- DH said tonight after he pulled the car in the garage that I have quite a few bags of yarn out there- and I told him, that a girl can never have enough yarn! I have lots of projects in my mind that I want to do. Now I have the yarn to do them!!!

Enjoy your wonderful gift!!!

Such a wonderful tug of the heartstringsyarns , Elle...So much lovelier and more meaningful than any bouquet! -What a dearheart, your guy! :yarn

Oooooooohh, what a pleasant surprise. Your DH is absolutely a keeper. I am with you I would rather have yarn than jewelry. But if I was offered dark chocolate, I might have to think twice on that one.:scrachin:think

My hubby has never been difficult when it comes to doing the shopping, even back when I still needed feminine products each month. He would have no problem going to the grocery store and buying a pack of sanitary napkins or any other feminine product that was on the list. His thought was always "if you need it, and I'm going to the store, how stupid would it be for me NOT to get it and make you have to go to the store again later just for that?" I have always appreciated that about him. He loves to surprise me. It's not uncommon at all for him to come home from a trip to town with a little box from the jewelry store, all gift-wrapped, just because he felt like buying me something. Not anything expensive, mind you, usually someething in sterling silver because I have always preferred silver to gold, but to me, it's as precious as the Hope Diamond because he thought to buy it for me. I couldn't believe it, though, when he came walking in with 28 skeins of yarn! I think that melted me more than any jewelry or flowers ever could have. :manyheart:c9

He's a keeper! What a nice surprise! And now think of all the fun you can have with that yarn! :manyheart

Archived