Chat rooms?

Does anyone know of any crochet chatrooms? I don't even know if they are still around anymore. If I come close to find something that I think is a chatroom its to scary for me and its not about crocheting. Help

Ravelry has lots of groups focused on crochet that also have chatrooms associated with them.

Thanks for this information. I belong to Ravelry but just don't visit the site very often. I spend a good bit of my computer time here on Crochetville. With your info though, I have a funny feeling that I am going to be in big trouble. You see I have determined that THIS is the year I am going to get rid of the clutter in my house. But now finding out about these chat rooms, I just know I am going to be in big trouble. But crocheting and "chatting" about crochet is so much fun. Thanks!!!!

Thanks for this information. I belong to Ravelry but just don't visit the site very often. I spend a good bit of my computer time here on Crochetville. With your info though, I have a funny feeling that I am going to be in big trouble. You see I have determined that THIS is the year I am going to get rid of the clutter in my house. But now finding out about these chat rooms, I just know I am going to be in big trouble. But crocheting and "chatting" about crochet is so much fun. Thanks!!!!

I know what you mean! I spend entirely too much time on the computer. Oh if only I had another set of arms then I could crochet while I'm on the computer... now that would be multi-tasking! LOL

I didn`t know ravelry has chat rooms ... i am just so lost on Ravelry :(

Ravelry is confusing, I've been a member there for 2 years and have only recently begun to figure it out.

They don't have stand alone chat rooms, at least not that I know of, but their groups do have the option to have a chat room available to their members. There are groups that have regularly scheduled chats. Some have opted not to open the chat option...

Im a member of raverly too. Where in there is the chat room and how do I get there to chat. I see to forget how. I need lessons.

Each individual group at Ravelry has the option to enable a chat room for their group. To see the chat room, you have to be a member of the group. Once you're a member of a group, go to that group's main page on Ravelry. If they have a chat room enabled, you'll see a little chat room box on the right-hand side of the page, with a link to click to enter the chat room.

You would have to check with each group to see if people randomly visit the chat room or if they have chats scheduled for a particular time.

• 2 years later...

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/crochet-on-ravelry

The group on Rav called Crochet on Ravalry has a chat room but it is not very active. You just have to check in once in a while to see if anyone is chatting. Sometimes if members see there is someone there they will respond. Or you can post a thread asking for chatters at a ceratin time.

At the top of the home page click on the Groups button and it will offer you a search page. Enter a key word for what you are interested in and it will bring up choices for you to look at.

There is a group for everthing!

Archived