UPDATED WITH PHOTOS: Fur Babies Need Hugs and Snuggles and Toys CAL

moomooo

Who would like to join me in this CAL for Furbabies... They need hugs and snuggles and blankies and toys too...

If you wont crochet for your furbabies either cats or dogs why not join any ways and crochet some snuggles and blankies and toys for your local Veternarian Clinic or for a furbaby rescue center..

These poor fellers need our love and support too...

Many of you know I do this all year long so just join when you can and show photos.

Feel Free to share links you come across as well ...

Here are some photos of Kitty Beds/ Blankies I have made for our local Little Mews Mission In Oxford NY.

Dont these cuties look happy in their new snuggles and blankies?

Crochet at your pace and when you can and donate the items, I know it will make you feel soooo good.....Knowing that a furbaby will sleep nice and snuggled today.

If you have no place to donate them too you can always send them to me and I will pass them on to Little Mews Mission or to our Local animal hospital where the doctor there takes in all unwanted furbabies and keeps them and treats them til she finds them a good home....

I hope many will join.

Here is the Link for the donut that i make as a toy for dogs... with out the pins of course..... I use variegated yarns for the top part of the donuts.

Also i use double strands for the entire donut for more durability. I add squeekers in it too...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32761

Hugs

post-6956-135897508275_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897508278_thumb.jpg

post-6956-13589750828_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897508282_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897508292_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897508295_thumb.jpg

Hello! It's nice to meet someone else that likes to crochet for the fur babies. So, count me in. I usually crochet snuggles with the diagonal box stitch. I haven't tried making the kitty beds. Anyway, I don't have any pics to show. The past couple weeks I've been slacking...stress at work and just been tired...plus, I didn't know of anyone else that crocheted for the same cause that I did. But now that I do, maybe we can keep each other motivated to keep on :crocheting.

Aimee

I would like to make a few things for my babies and donate a few items also!

So if I work on this as I can... I could have some nice things made by the end of the year :hook

:heart

:mug

Thats the spirit Teresa.... Amiee and Tam : There is no rush and no pressure here this is at our own time.

Just that we can be inspirations to all furbabies loves either cats or dogs or any furbaby in general...

One can crochet for your own pets i know they would love the items made by you for them...

My Foxie must know its work for me to crochet toys for her cause those she will paly til there is no end and will not rip them ... she is a good girl...

As a matter of fact every time i make a toy to donate she thinks its for her...

I will post later the donuts and balls i crochet and donate for doggies....

I will update the first post tomorrow or Sunday and post links to site with free patterns but really CPC has them all....Basically.

Thank You for joining and sharing what we make....

YES We Will Be Inspirations to Each other and help each other out as wel create our things for the furbabies...

hugs

My first foster babe will be here on Sunday! I sooo wish I had a sweater for him. Poor boy is coming from Georgia to the SNOW in Delaware! I'm sooo excited. I'm attaching a picture. I doubt I have him long...he's too precious!

post-34258-135897508299_thumb.jpg

Hi Alesha:

He is a cutie pie..... maybe you dont have time to make him a sweater but then maybe you can make him a blankiet that he can take with him when he gets adopted....

Try it sweetie.....

hugs

Since I just rescued three very dirty Shih Tzus and will probably have to give them a good short clipping, I will definately need more beds for them. Although so far they like to join my three mini schnauzers in my bed at night, that won't work when it starts getting warmer.

Wow this well be fun already i can see it...

Alesha I'm sure the pooch wont care that your blankie is all wonkie...

I usually just crochet all scraps together i use double strand for blankies and mats and i use 3 strands for the kitty beds....

All out of scrap yarns....

So dear give it a try....

Check out CPC and you will find links to pet safe blankies etc....

If you crochet a toy like a ball or donut or a stuffed teddy bear I recommend you use 2 strands of worsted weight yarns... for more durability..

I dont recommend the worsted weight cotton cause it absorbs too much saliva and its a big yuck... Foxie had one i made and i threw it out....

hugs

Kathy Bless your heart for rescuing three more furbabies... What a blessing you will be in their lives....

A blankie for each would be nice....

Let us know what you decide to make

hugs

Ok, here I am. I am checking in from the "charity" postings. If those donuts and balls are a pattern you can share, I'd like to have them. Not sure I can pull them off, but I'd like to give them a try.

Denise on the first post on this cal i beleive i posted the ball pattern its a free one and also the dounut one is a free pattern from Lion brand under toys or Amigurumi's

so they are safe to share..

check out them links on the first post it will head you in the right direction..

when you can if you would like to share here photo of your foster furbaby and of the mouse looking toy you make that would be awesome...

Let us know if the toy is a free pattern on line okay

thanks and welcome to this CAL...

Its always a great feeling to know we are doing something for furbabies too..

I have Foxie my Pommeranian and i always look at her and wonder how on earth can there be so many cruel people in this world that would hurt such defenless critters...

All they want is our love....

thats why i hesitate to watch the news some times...

hugs

Apparently I've gone soft. I can't find the link to the donuts and balls. I checked here and on the charity posting. Help?

update:

Ok - computer all day at work then computer at home. No wonder I can't see straight! I found the ball, but not the donut. I am going to consider myself lucky right now and forget the donut and go try the ball.

Leaving computer for yarn now....

Denise maybe the donut is not there might be my over sigt sont fret i will look for it tomorrow and post it...

I do the balls with double strand of any yarns for durability...

Say i found the mouse pattern you made i have that calendar year but can you just tell me how many chains you make to start with..

I tried one mouse with fun fur and it looks not like yours ....

I only crocheted 12 chains....

hugs

Alesha that baby is beautiful....

What a great loving looking dog...

Dont you wish you can keep him..

He looks like he is ready to settle down...

hugs

You can probably tell from the picture that the "chains" of my tail are pulled very tight. I actually finger crochet those and pull each one tight. Then I get my hook and chain about 10 or 12 regular chains to start the swirl part. Each one ends up looking a bit different. If I do 12 chains I "usually" do this:

1 - 6sc

2 - 6sc

3 - 8sc

4 - 8sc

5 - 10sc

6 - 10sc

7 - 12sc

8 - 10 to 12 dc

9 - 10 to 12 dc

10 - 10sc

11 - 8sc

12 - 6sc

But I am usually watching tv or something while I make these, so I frequently lose count; thus the varied look of the finished project.

I have never tried fun fur because it seems like the cat would tear off bits of the yarn and probably eat it?? I mostly use RHSS. I get a lot of "unknown" yarn from volunteers at the shelter who find it at yard sales or thrift shops.

I hope this helps...

Denise than you for a head start on that pattern... I tried two last night as the pattern read and it was a disaster... Lack of my understanding i guess... they sure didnt look like no mouse like your does....

I will try your ways and then if not i will give up.... I would love to see if i can do them will try again your ways.....

Will keep you posted....

hugs

Alesha that baby is beautiful....

What a great loving looking dog...

Dont you wish you can keep him..

He looks like he is ready to settle down...

hugs

A local quilting group is donating a handmade bed for him! :yay

Yeah, when I dug up the pattern last night I thought "really, is this how I started?". I guess I sort of have been doing my own thing, but the pattern got me going.

I remember making somthing like them that I actually wore in my hair around a ponytail when I was a little girl. (probably Brady Bunch inspired!!)

Dear Denise i found the link to make the donut toys...

Its a pattern from one of our members and its a pincushion only i made it as a toy with double strand of yarn for bottom and the top.. I add squeeker in it too...

No Pins of course...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32761

I hope this helps you ....

hugs

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to do a couple of cuddle beds. This is the perfect project for using scraps. They don't take a lot of time or concentration so they are a good quick crochet fix. They are so cute, so thank you for the link Lillibet.

I want to get a few more done so I will continue on until I have a box to send. Will PM for your address once I have used up my scraps.

IMG_3596_1.jpg

Archived