yo (yarn over), draw up a loop, yo.....

ShadowsCursed

Question

I've started my second project ever, and I'm about to quit before I even get started on this. I'm on Rnd 3, and this is the instructions:

Rnd 3: Ch2, [yarn over (yo), draw up a loop (lp), yo and draw through 2 lps on hook] 3 times, yo and draw through 4 lps on hook, ch1 to close cluster, ch 2; rep from *10 more times, join in top of first cluster. Fasten off dark color, join light color in any ch2 space. If not changing color, sl st in nect ch2 space.

Woah woah, what? The YO and LP is what's killing me. This Rnd is about to make me cry. Every other rnd is easy enough. :(

4 answers to this question

:thinkRnd 3: Ch2, [yarn over (yo), draw up a loop (lp), yo and draw through 2 lps on hook] 3 times, (All into one stitch) yo and draw through 4 lps on hook, ch1 to close cluster, ch 2; rep from *10 more times, join in top of first cluster. Fasten off dark color, join light color in any ch2 space. If not changing color, sl st in nect ch2 space.

You are making a longer DC into a cluster of 3 which are all worked off together then anchoured by a CH1 which does not count as a stitch bit is part of the top of the cluster.

Hope this helps a little.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I think it's missing a statement like, YO and insert hook in row below to draw up a loop. The designer may think you know that draw up a lp means to insert your hook to draw up a look.

Ch 2

start brackets [1st: YO draw up a loop by inserting hook in row below -- now there should be 3 lps on the hook --

yo and draw thru the first 2 loops on hook -- 2 loops still on hook --

2nd: YO, draw up a loop -- now there are 4 loops on hook --

yo and draw thru the first 2 loops on hook -- 3 loops still on hook --

3rd: YO, draw up a loop -- now there are 5 loops on hook --

yo and draw thru the first 2 loops on hook -- 4 loops still on hook -- ] end brackets

YO and draw thru the 4 loops on hook.

Then Ch 1 at top of cluster.

Archived