Sea Turtle

CrochetDad

I've been collecting amigurumi patterns and decided it was time to do another one for my granddaughter. This one is Jacques the Sea Turtle (free pattern here).

I had a lot of fun making this one, because I'd only work on it when my granddaughter was here. She saw the whole process, but she's only 3½ years old, so she was a little impatient. The moment I gave it to her, her face lit up with a big smile and seemed to make all the waiting worth it.

post-13211-135897507735_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897507737_thumb.jpg

He's so cute! You are truly a terrific GrandPop. Keep up the good work. Your Granddaughter is awfully lucky to have a GrandPop like you. She will always cherish these moments. She might not right now, but down the road when she's 30+.....she will.

:ty for sharing your "turtle" and the story of your granddaughter watching you make it. What a special time you two had together. I will be 59 in June and I still remember special times I shared with my grandpa when I was little. Actually I should have been too little to remember those times. I don't remember all of the details, just bits and pieces, but they were special times with my grandpa. He has been gone for a long time now but still lives in my heart. It gives me a warm feeling when I remember those times. May you always share good times with your granddaughter.

Very cute -- nothing like crocheting for a little one. They are so delighted with the development. My 2 year old grandson was really happy to finally get to take his Wubbzy afghan home after having to leave it here several times before it was done.

Thanks for the nice replies! She still brings it over every time she comes to visit and shows it to me. Then, I light up. :manyheart

You couldn't get better praise than this.:hook

Archived