"Hookin" in Texas

ImaCroheting

Hi from Houston, Texas

Hi from the great state of Texas! I'm a 48 yr old married nurse and my hubby and I have 2 canine furbabies and 1 feline furbaby. We love to camp, motorcycle and travel. We're celebrating 10 years of marriage this March and will be renewing our vows in Italy later this year!!! :clap

I learned to crochet in college in 1980 from my then roommate who was left handed. I could NOT get it until we had a brainstorm. :think

I gave her a large mirror that she held in her lap while sitting against the sofa on the floor and I sat above her with legs crossed and watched her inside the mirror and voila! I learned!! :hook I've been crocheting off and on since then. I recently rediscovered crochet after losing my father in November as I needed something to occupy my brain. And I am so glad I did! I've already made 2 baby blankets and a scarf and a heart coaster for my hubby for Valentine's day.

My next "project" is to learn to do the tunisian stitches and I'm hoping that some of you more "experienced-and-oh-so-wise" crocheters can offer some good advice or at least a place to come and throw pillows when I can't get it!! :bang

Thanks for a great forum! :)

Hi Vicki! :)

Thanks so much for the welcome! I am in SW Houston if you know where Meyerland is. I work in the Tx Med Cntr. Where are you?

Hello from Scotland, and I'm new to the group too. Wow what a great idea for learning using the mirror, that's incredible!! I'm just starting to learn Tunsian crocheting and so far have loved it...just bought a 33 inch hook and can't wait for it to arrive...so far I just do basic stitching with it but am looking forward to learning lots more. Anyway, hope you have a great time here! :D Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Archived