Barreira

Comforghans/Afghans for our beloved Veterans!

Okay...Veteran's Day was two weeks ago, and it's been 20 days since any updates. :think

I haven't heard back from my notes to Krystal so I can't give you any information....

I haven't heard back from my notes to Krystal so I can't give you any information....

Thank you Deborah.

Edited by HollyzHobbyz

Bumping this up and still wondering about delivery. Veteran's Day was missed, looks like Thanksgiving Day was missed, any chance they could make it for Christmas??????

Some communication, information, would be appreciated!!

I really would like an update.

I did this instead of another, reputable , charity that I have supported for the last three years.

I feel like we have been taken.

UPDATE PLEASE! Show us some common courtesy.

Hi Everyone,

I have some info about this situation. I found Krystal's number & sent her a text message, asking if the afghans had been delivered. I was surprised to receive a response from her husband. First of all, I did ask him if I could post an update to the forum since many of us were concerned. He said "yes"...here's what he told me:

First of all, the lady coordinating the delivery to the nursing home had pneumonia & was rather elderly herself. He told me he was going to go to her home, because "she" has the afghans & has not been returning their calls.

Secondly, Krystal has also been ill. He assured me that they are just as distressed as we all are about this situation, and they are trying to fix it.

Edited by HollyzHobbyz
Updated Info

Hi Everyone,

I have some info about this situation. I found Krystal's number & sent her a text message, asking if the afghans had been delivered. I was surprised to receive a response from her husband. First of all, I did ask him if I could post an update to the forum since many of us were concerned. He said "yes"...here's what he told me:

First of all, the lady coordinating the delivery to the nursing home had pneumonia & was rather elderly herself. He told me he was going to go to her home, because "she" has the afghans & has not been returning their calls.

Secondly, Krystal has also been ill. He assured me that they are just as distressed as we all are about this situation, and they are trying to fix it.

Thanks for the update...hopefully Krystal's husband will be able to get the afghans to the Veterans' Home soon!

It's been 10 days since I received the text message & I haven't heard anything new...getting very discouraged. :worried Veteran's Day was over a month ago.

I also am discouraged. I feel they could get a message regarding this using a friends computer, library computer, relatives computer, etc. something!!! I must say this experience has left me very cautious.

It's been 10 days since I received the text message & I haven't heard anything new...getting very discouraged. :worried Veteran's Day was over a month ago.

I've heard nothing either..... :(

I also am discouraged. I feel they could get a message regarding this using a friends computer, library computer, relatives computer, etc. something!!! I must say this experience has left me very cautious.

Me too, I'm sorry to say. :(

Gee...I wish we could see something like this! :( I am so disappointed in how this whole situation has turned out.

Edited by HollyzHobbyz

I just wanted to "bump" this thread up, because I feel now that we all got taken. I've tried to be gracious & give the benefit of the doubt, but there's been no further communication since the text messages I received on December 2. :no I personally made & donated 5 afghans to what I thought was a very worthy cause.

I am very saddened by the turn of events. My son is a veteran, and there are many wonderful veteran organizations that would have loved to have received such a gift. I worry that this situation will lead to others not being willing to participate towards providing comfortghans in the future because they got burned here and don't wish to be burned again (and who can blame them). Very sad :(

I am very saddened by the turn of events. My son is a veteran, and there are many wonderful veteran organizations that would have loved to have received such a gift. I worry that this situation will lead to others not being willing to participate towards providing comfortghans in the future because they got burned here and don't wish to be burned again (and who can blame them). Very sad :(

Yes ma'am...I'm going to stick with my rectangles for HAP. :yes

I feel the same as you Holly. I just don't believe that there wasn't a way for her to communicate to all of us. I personally made 2 afghans and wonder where they ended up. Hopefully to someone in need, but I do wonder.

Yes ma'am...I'm going to stick with my rectangles for HAP. :yes

I tried *again* to find out via Facebook if Krystal is planning to make the delivery anytime soon. I doubt I will hear back but......

HollyzHobbyz - thanks for your vote for HAP. I hope that my helping Krystal to promote this project does not reflect on HAP...it does worry me. But HAP is an established project with over 5,300 afghans sent in 6 years.

I will keep believing that our work will get to the Veterans and bring them joy and warmth.

I tried *again* to find out via Facebook if Krystal is planning to make the delivery anytime soon. I doubt I will hear back but......

HollyzHobbyz - thanks for your vote for HAP. I hope that my helping Krystal to promote this project does not reflect on HAP...it does worry me. But HAP is an established project with over 5,300 afghans sent in 6 years.

I will keep believing that our work will get to the Veterans and bring them joy and warmth.

It's my pleasure to promote HAP! Keep up the great work!