C’Ville March 2010 Tote

Tampa Doll

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turtlelvr the one mouse pad says DILBERT, the other one says Arts & Crafts by Mary Jo Crochetville Tampa Doll. Tampa Guy thinks DILBERT is funny, he also gets a DILBERT calendar every year for the computer room.

Ok the wait is soon over. I just checked and the bag is in town. Now for the mailman to take it out of his truck and deliver it to the door.:devil

ITS ME!!!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

You tell Tampa Guy to squeeze the stuffing out of you for me! :hug :hug

We had to go to Altamonte Springs (near Orlando) today and I was dreading going since I saw that little turtle peaking in the corner of Mary Jo's picture. But it was a trip we had to take. :( When we got home I saw the box on the front porch. I had told DH I was hoping it was me. I almost jumped out of the car before it stopped moving! :lol DH beat me to the box and teased that it was a mini lathe he ordered, but I wasn't falling for that. The lathe would need a bigger box and was being delivered UPS which doesn't come until later in the day. In the house we go, grab a knife (and try not to chop off a finger)...It must have taken 10 minutes to get that box open. I was too busy imagining me with my new Crochetville bag...that and Tampa Guy likes his tape! :lol:c9 I found an envelope, but that had to wait (which Mary Jo predicted in her note in the envelope). Pictures do NO justice to the bag. Its absolutely gorgeous! I adore the colors. I am in bag lady heaven! :manyheart

Then to top it all off I find a miniature Mary Jo doll in the box. It is just so adorable! I will think of my friend every time I see her "mini me" doll. :hug

Me and my March Madness bag

post-28075-135897509343_thumb.jpg

"Mary Jo" in doll form

post-28075-135897509341_thumb.jpg

This past Saturday I met up with walker1021 at my LYS and found some yarn I had to have. I was planning on making myself a project bag, but as you can see its almost a perfect match to the yarn Mary Jo used. :yay

post-28075-135897509324_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart (I was so excited I almost for got my turtle heart signature) :rofl

I had to laugh when I saw you bought the yarn to make a bag, and it almost perfectly matches the bag.

I was afraid you would guess the bag was yours, with my hint. Tampa Guy was going to take the picture of the box on the back of the turtle, but he thought that was to much of a hint:devil

Once I saw the reaction of the bag, with a swap partner I had. She was calmly looking at what was in the bag, then she caught a glimps (spelling?) of the bag in the bottom, and she could not get to it fast enough.:lol

I am trying to match the doll to the bag, and so far so good. Enjoy your bag and I hope it gives you lots of pleasure and holds lots of projects.

No Sheila, I do not have a mail plane, wish I did, then I could mail myself with the bags.:rofl

Time to go talk to my closet to see what it spits out for next month.:devil

Archived