Not asking, just showing.

1wani

Just thought I would post a few pics of things I sent to local nursing home. Friend works there and said residents would love them. Trying to go by saying that charity begins at home. Don't know if this is the right place to post. If not, I'm sorry. Somebody set me straight.:think

post-35625-135897507082_thumb.jpg

post-35625-135897507084_thumb.jpg

post-35625-135897507087_thumb.jpg

post-35625-135897507089_thumb.jpg

post-35625-135897507091_thumb.jpg

Sorry - I have to ask because I see the ashtray - do you wash your items before you deliver them? I have heard some charities won't accept items from people who smoke (which I don't agree with). just curious...

Didn't wash these because they were a spur of the moment donation. Never donated before. Usually they all get a squirt of fabreeze and stored in container with dryer sheets. Thanks for the tip.:)

Beautiful work! How nice of you to donate to your local nursing home. I was the activities director for an assisted living home for several years and know that the old folks do love to receive things like that. The animal pillows are adorable! I have that pattern but it looked sooooo involved! Were they difficult to do?

Beautiful work! How nice of you to donate to your local nursing home. I was the activities director for an assisted living home for several years and know that the old folks do love to receive things like that. The animal pillows are adorable! I have that pattern but it looked sooooo involved! Were they difficult to do?

Actually they were very simple. Took less than a day to complete. Problem I had was finding round pillow form locally so I just stuffed them with fiberfill. Very soft and cuddley.

Boy, you've been busy. I'm sure they will love them. Great job!

Thanks. Just stuff that was stored. Have been making it for years since I was disabled in 2004.

I love the animals, where did you find the pattern. Everything looks very nice and I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

Made the pillows a good while ago. I will try to find the pattern and let you know if I do. Thanks for the atta girl.:)

Everything is great! I'm sure it'll all be well appreciated.

Most people post their pics in the show and tell sections. Amy has a group of 'helpers' that will move posts that are in made in the wrong forums.

When giving anything I always wash first. I don't smoke in the house but I do have a dog. I also think the yarn feels much better once the sizing is washed out of it. Since you do smoke in the house washing might be a good idea. Especially in a nursing home you'll have people with breathing problems and smoke allergies are really much more common than most people realize.

I know us smokers are given a bad rap most of the time. (I think unfairly most of the time too).

They are all very nice. I especially like the animal pillows. Would love to have the pattern.

still looking for it. Can't remember if it was book or magazine. Know it wasn't on line. :think:think

Everything is great! I'm sure it'll all be well appreciated.

Most people post their pics in the show and tell sections. Amy has a group of 'helpers' that will move posts that are in made in the wrong forums.

When giving anything I always wash first. I don't smoke in the house but I do have a dog. I also think the yarn feels much better once the sizing is washed out of it. Since you do smoke in the house washing might be a good idea. Especially in a nursing home you'll have people with breathing problems and smoke allergies are really much more common than most people realize.

I know us smokers are given a bad rap most of the time. (I think unfairly most of the time too).

I guess I posted in charity section first because I gave the stuff away. OOPS As to the smoking part, I am sure you are right. This donation was a spur of the moment thing but I will follow your advice for further donations. My daughter is a non-smoker in a non-smoking house and she often leaves her coat outside so that it doesn't pick up smoke smell. She also says that if she takes food home from here she can taste smoke in it at home. Doesn't notice it when she eats here but only when it goes to a non-smoking area. Keep trying to quit, but that wouldn't help situation here because dbf also smokes. At least washer and dryer are separated from house by door, so straight out of dryer and into bag should work fairly well. Take care. Wanda:hug

:) You did a great job on all your projects.

The "Roly-Poly pillows" are patterns I designed and then sold to Hooked on Crochet. You will find those patterns in their March/April 1996 issue. I'm glad everyone likes them.

Debi Y. :hook

Thanks, Debi. They are really cute. Made and sold several at Christmas craft show a couple of years ago. Wish I could be that creative, but mostly settle for following patterns. Keep up the good work.

• 5 months later...

Archived