Sofia

winder for thread.

I love thread crochet - little projects that carry easily. But I hate the fact that thread comes on fat cardborad tubes that take up so much space. Does any one have a solution. You can't slide the yarn off the tube without it becoming tangled. Would a yarn winder work for thread? Any other ideas? Thanks

I have an embroidery thread winder I haven't tried it for with crochet thread but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it for winding small bobbins for on the go projects and at less than £2 it's not a major investment if it doesn't work :)

I just use my yarn winder. I bought the football sized thing of white thread and it's so much easier to cake it.

I just use my yarn winder. I bought the football sized thing of white thread and it's so much easier to cake it.

Basically that is what I neeeded to know.

Can you use a yarn winder for thread.

Thanks so much

I use my usual yarn winder for thread as well. I keep the tension a bit harder, in that way the hole collapses more which ist better for thread.

Thanks again for the advice. I did buy the yarn winder and rewound some balls of thread. They are so much more portable. And so easy to do.

I bought one of those stand alone Toilet paper holders, the one that the handle spins around and allows the base to be used as a thread storage. That way you have a dual purpose thread caddy. It is light weight enough to move from place to place and still have multiple colors available!!

Is there any place I can post a pic of this??