Titus2woman

Can't stop making HATS!

Nice hats. I hope you have a charity in mind to donate them to. That hat pattern is great. I've made my share of those too.

:manyheart

Wow have you been busy! What changes did you make to the pattern to make them adult sizes?

Wow them are some cute adult size hats... Yes please do tell us what you did to make them to adult sizes....

Thanks for sharing the link too...

hugs

I would also love to know how to increase the size. Your hats are so nice. Need to make a beanie for a teacher I work with.

Thanks.

Wow, you're just going to town with these hats. Great job! Love them all.

Thanks y'all~I used an I hook and increased rows to dc, dc, dc, 2dc, repeat around~then onto dc around until desired length or I run outta yarn~HA HA! This has been a FUN stashbuster!!!!

Two of the hats are mine (the green and mottled red), 'cuz I had not one hat! LOL! I wasn't planning on a charity, but only because there are so many in need right around me. I live in a very urban area with a homeless population, and within walking distance there is government housing, social services, etc. I was just gonna do my own thing handing them out as needed. The baby hat is a gift for a friend. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Very nice!! you have been busy!

I'm so sorry muise~it's not you! I explained it from memory and sandi-speak rather than real crochet terms~LOL!

Your Round 5 should go like this: Ch2, turn, *dc in first three stitches, 2dc in the next stitch, repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first dc.

The rest of the pattern remains the same except your end counts~which I've not bothered to do~ACK! and the I hook. I hope that's better! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks for the link and the pattern adjustment for adult hats- I love how all your hats came out and think it is great that you are going to do your own thing and hand them out to those in need.

I'm so sorry muise~it's not you! I explained it from memory and sandi-speak rather than real crochet terms~LOL!

Your Round 5 should go like this: Ch2, turn, *dc in first three stitches, 2dc in the next stitch, repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first dc.

The rest of the pattern remains the same except your end counts~which I've not bothered to do~ACK! and the I hook. I hope that's better! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks! I desperatly need a pattern for a 12-18 month old; I wonder if I just use an I hook w/ WW as written if it will work? I am so tired of frogging, every pattern I try is too small.

Those hats are nice! And what you are doing with them is even better!

Thanks for sharing your finished projects with us and telling us how you enlarged the pattern. Great looking hats.

I started my own hat last night after I saw your post here. I just want to clarify, because I had to pull a lot out last night and start again at round 5, I should follow the pattern exactly as written except for round 5? I also just noticed that the yarn I am using is the same as you used on the hat in the upper right corner. I wondered last night how it would look when I am finished and now I know! LOL Thanks!

Hats can be very addicting since they work up quickly. They all look great. What are you doing with all of them?

Thanks to all! Dawn, I would follow the pattern as written through round 4, add in my round 5, and then make the pattern's round 5 round 6~only with different counts. I hope that makes sense~I'm horrible at 'splainin'! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~so glad y'all like these~makes my day!

I made this last night w/ WW & H hook, it worked up just great for my 12mo great-niece & great-nephew!

I'm so glad to know that, Cat! I did one for my 3yod in that lime green with an I hook, followed the pattern as written and then in round 5 just added four increases. It fits but still could have been a bit bigger.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi