More kitty beds I made before x-mas for donation: Just updated links here too

moomooo

Hi there Kenna:

Did you use three strands of yarn????

and also did You do the reverse single crochet edging on top?

Let me know

hugs

Lillibet

my sides flop inward....help please?

Hi there Kenna:

Did you use three strands of yarn????

and also did You do the reverse single crochet edging on top?

Let me know

hugs

Lillibet

So sorry I forgot to say it was 4 strands of ww yarn in hdc on a size p hook. I don't know the rev sc. I was up with a new furbaby and quite sleepy when I wrote that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there...

Ok.. you have inspired me! I've thought about it for quite awhile.. but you put the fire under my butt.. so for that I THANK YOU!! I've made two so far.. and I gave one to a friend of mine that just recently rescued a precious black kitty the weekend we were hit w/ SNOWMAGEDDON... good thing too.. b/c he's been back and forth to the vet since she got him w/ various health issues. She got him a turquoise collar so I made his bed in light/dark turquoise and black. She said he loves it!! So I ran right out and got more yarn and have already started another. The yarn was on sale so I actually bought enough to make 10 beds. WOO HOO! I'm so excited b/c I've adopted 8 furbabies myself already (6 cats, 2 dogs) so I can't do anymore than that there... but I can certainly crochet... so I can still help! And it does feel good....

I have a question though... I was thinking about making the other cat bed... www.moonarts.com... have you made this one? And would you use 3 strands and a P hook on that one? B/c it's written for 1 strand. Until I hear back I'll keep making the one from crochetkitty.

Oh.. one last thing.. how do you do the reverse crochet? I just finished mine w/ an extra row of single crochet.

Thanks!

And thanks for lighting the fire!!

Kelly

Hello Kelly:

Welcomed aboard....

I'm so happy that you tooo have decided to help your friends and community with crocheting these beds and donating them..

Cats and kitties do love them thats all I know as well...

When you have left over yarns you can also make some kitty toys with bells or catnip in it.. and donate them too .. Its really rewarding...

As for the pattern in moonarts... thanks for link and i would go ahead and use three strands just for sturdiness...

Please do show us photos of your beds as you can and again thank you for jumping in and doing some beds for your community..

hugs

Lillibet

Hi there...

Ok.. you have inspired me! I've thought about it for quite awhile.. but you put the fire under my butt.. so for that I THANK YOU!! I've made two so far.. and I gave one to a friend of mine that just recently rescued a precious black kitty the weekend we were hit w/ SNOWMAGEDDON... good thing too.. b/c he's been back and forth to the vet since she got him w/ various health issues. She got him a turquoise collar so I made his bed in light/dark turquoise and black. She said he loves it!! So I ran right out and got more yarn and have already started another. The yarn was on sale so I actually bought enough to make 10 beds. WOO HOO! I'm so excited b/c I've adopted 8 furbabies myself already (6 cats, 2 dogs) so I can't do anymore than that there... but I can certainly crochet... so I can still help! And it does feel good....

I have a question though... I was thinking about making the other cat bed... www.moonarts.com... have you made this one? And would you use 3 strands and a P hook on that one? B/c it's written for 1 strand. Until I hear back I'll keep making the one from crochetkitty.

Oh.. one last thing.. how do you do the reverse crochet? I just finished mine w/ an extra row of single crochet.

Thanks!

And thanks for lighting the fire!!

Kelly

Hi Again Kelly:

I'm sorry i forgot to try and explain how you do reverse single crochet...

Once you crochet your last round of the kitty bed,, you wont turn your work...

You will have it facing you and you will sc working backwards on the round....

I tell ya it crochets a nice edging...

If you type in search engine : reverse single crochet how to's it will take you to lots of links that show how to do it that was how i learned....

Let me know how you make out with it...

hugs

Lillibet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello my friends:

Here are a couple of more photos of more kitty mats and some toys that I received from Eneida and from Nikkibear and from Poohsmom as well..

I also received from another member the navy blue kitty mat ...

These are all soooo lovely each one is awesome... and the toys and them mouses are just too cute..... check them out .....

If i missed out on some one please do for give me and please do post that you sent to me... I'm a wee off my marbles lately... Too much going on right now...

Again ladies thank you for your kind hearts and helping me out....

hugs and kisses you will all make some kitties very happy while they wait to be adopted...

Lillibet

post-6956-135897533271_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897533275_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897533278_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897533281_thumb.jpg

Archived