how to do kyf

sweetangel

:thinkIt is a bit hard to tell without a bit more info.

K is Knit and YF may be Yarn Forward but you would not normally see it written as KYF.

Give us some more info and we will do our best to help.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

:cheerIt is probably a mis-print.

It looks as if it should just be YFWD or YO or YF all meaning Yarn Forward which just means to put the yarn from Knit position to Purl position and the next stitch is Knit so the yarn sits over the needle and forms a hole as part of the pattern.

At the end of that part of the pattern there is a YRN, Yarn Round Needle, which is used when the next stitch is going to be a Purl, you put the yarn to purl, over the needle and back to Purl, all on an anti-clockwise direction.

I think you can safely delete the K from that part of the pattern.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I think I get what the pattern try to say. Sounds like two different ways of the yarnovers.

Side Note: After some online research on a british knitting site; This is what I got from a website.

yrn- yarn round needle (wrap the yarn around the needle from front to back, again to front)

kyf- take yarn back between needles as if to knit next stitch, then take yarn over needle. (Do the same wrap around needle but in different direction - back to front, again to back)

Those terms are basically two different ways to do yarnovers (YO), depend on the knit or purl stitches before you make the yarnovers. Experiment with both ways of yarnovers until you can see the differences.

Hope it helps!

Archived