Geek Amigurumi

tacomagic

One of the first things I ever made was the 1-up mushroom!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3824/dsc01288t.jpg

Turned out rather well I think. It was gifted to my brother-in-law who shares my 8-bit nostalgic geekiness. I'll be making another for myself once I finish my current projects.

Cheers,

Taco

you don't happen to be able to write down that pattern? I have a geek son who would love it!

Unfortunately, this mushroom is a particular image/character from a video game. That means it's copyrighted and maybe even trademarked. Our guidelines therefore would onlly allow for distribution of a pattern if the designers makes licensing arrangements or receives other formal written permission distribute a pattern using the intellectual property of a third party.

Most companies won't give permission without a licensing arrangement or some other sort of royalty-fee setup. These fees can be so expensive that the designer could never sell enough patterns to make back the cost of the fees, let alone the cost of pattern development and production. This is why you don't see very many officially licensed patterns of trademarked/copyrighted characters/logos/images/etc.

So chances are the pattern for the mushroom is not officially licensed, and therefore information about it won't be able to be shared through Crochetville (via post, private message, or email to another member).

Archived