crocheting man

hi all, today i had the pleasure of talking crochet with a very nice young man. i invited him to joins us here, don't know if he will but i issued the invite!!!! we talked about the different yarns and how it is harder with some than others, he was a little afraid to try some of the bulkier yarns but i told him how fast they go and what size hook to use, he decided to go ahead and get the yarn. he is making a afghan in blues and whites. will be very pretty. just thought i would let you know it isn't just women who crochet, i thought that was soooo cool:woohoo :woohoo :w-grin vicki

I love to hear about people who share this passion, especially those who break the stereotype...

I was showing off some yarn at work the other day, and one of our regulars overheard the conversation, and he started in with how he'd learned to crochet in elementary school as a project, and has just recently taken it up again (he's probably late 20's) and is now teaching his wife too! I was totally shocked and thought it was sooo cool... he said next time he came in he'd wear a hat and scarf set he made, LOL!

We have at least one male member of Crochetville, and I suspect there are a few more. Lots of men of all ages crochet (and knit), it's just as relaxing and creative for them as it is for us. :))

Guest Army Lani

My brother crochets - he's the one that taught me, actually!!! He's made probably a dozen afghans this year, inluding one for my DS!!

Here's the link if you want to check out some of what he's done!! gallery.mathwhiz.org/view...me=Crochet

I've invited him to join here, but he doesn't have much free time.

Hugs,:grouphug

Lani

Guest Army Lani

Yuppers! That's all his! He's done exchanges with a crochet group he's in, plus baby afghans and afghans for weddings and anniversaries plus for raffles at his work and church. He's done more than what's on his site - he hasn't had a chance to update it lately.

Lani

lani, your brother does wonderful work, i bow to him!!!!!:rotfl :rotfl is so refreshing to see that men aren't afraid to try something new and make just as awesome stuff as us girls. how long has he been crocheting? vicki:w-lol

Guest Army Lani

That's a good question!! Mom taught both of us when we were younger. I never did much with it until recently when my brother retaught me. I'd have to say he's been serious about it for maybe 10 years now. And would you believe, he's actually MUCH faster than my mom??

Lani

just thought i would let you all know my cousin who is a 24 year fireman has asked me to teach him to crochet, he says that when the times come between calls(seldom, but there are times he says) that he would like to do something besides play cards or watch t.v, told him sure no problem, he i said there is another firefighter who knits and they guys make fu of him but he doesn't care. vicki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I met a young guy at the Doctors office one day and he loved to crochet. He was asking me about the pattern I was making. He was telling me of the baby things he had made for there new baby. The blanket was awesome.

My son is interested in Crocheting and is starting to learn from Me! I am so happy, but my daughter wants no part of it. You just never can tell who will follow your footsteps.

Linda:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived