February Charity Blitz 2/18 - 2/23

nicolep

Well I haven't done so well. I ended up basically having to start over on the scrap granny as I forgot that I was doing a sc border before joining, so the last half was all wonky. All that time wasted.

I was able to salvage the squares but had to cut the join, so wasted quite a bit of yarn too. But I did decide to go with a more patterned color scheme instead of totally random, so I guess all is not lost.

I'll be posting a pic later.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I haven't done so well. I ended up basically having to start over on the scrap granny as I forgot that I was doing a sc border before joining, so the last half was all wonky. All that time wasted.

I was able to salvage the squares but had to cut the join, so wasted quite a bit of yarn too. But I did decide to go with a more patterned color scheme instead of totally random, so I guess all is not lost.

I'll be posting a pic later.

Sorry you had to frog, but if you are happier with the end result it's worth it.

I've got 2 preemie round ripples done and half of another one so far.

Whopping huge number of yo-yos...Wait for it.....27. ;):wink

May be able to crank out a few more tonight. Photo(s) tomorrow.

It's gotten too warm here to be covered with my charity blanket while working on it. See warm problems in Vancouver, BC?....well, we are 311 miles SOUTH of there!

Note to self: Next time do squares!

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +9/YTD: +16

Yo Yo’s for Charity

February Charity Blitz 2/18-2/23

Whopping huge number of yo-yos...Wait for it.....27. ;):wink

May be able to crank out a few more tonight. Photo(s) tomorrow.

It's gotten too warm here to be covered with my charity blanket while working on it. See warm problems in Vancouver, BC?....well, we are 311 miles SOUTH of there!

Note to self: Next time do squares!

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +9/YTD: +16

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Marzee, be happy with your warmth, they are calling for snow tomorrow here in Georgia.

Totals? Wait, what? I don't remember reading about totals. I am still at work and was planning to post a picture tonight. I made:

1 Daisy Square (you send them to a lady that makes charity balnkets of some sort)

1 cat sleep mat

(?) cat toys (I have been droppong them in a bin without counting them)

I was going to do my Special Olympics scarf during the women's short program tonight.

Totals? Wait, what? I don't remember reading about totals. I am still at work and was planning to post a picture tonight. I made:

1 Daisy Square (you send them to a lady that makes charity balnkets of some sort)

1 cat sleep mat

(?) cat toys (I have been droppong them in a bin without counting them)

I was going to do my Special Olympics scarf during the women's short program tonight.

Don't worry, we've got until midnight tonight. I'll be working on a preemie afghan during the women's short program tonight, too.

post-13802-135897507142_thumb.jpg

Here is the picture of my small accomplishment. As I said, the flower goes to someone who makes blankets (I think I might have found her here?), and the cat mat and 8 toys go to the shelter where I am a volunteer.

They are still showing bobsled here (7:45 AZ time), so it's possible that I'll get that Special Olympics scarf done, but no credit can be taken just yet.

Yes, by the way, my iron is out because I quilt and you can see my cabinet of rubber stamps in the background. It's a wonder I have time to work!

And by the way, it JUST dawned on me today that this guy :hook is holding a crochet hook and not a toothbrush. Wow, did I just admit that??

I failed miserably.

:thumbdown

Charity Blitz - Not a Great Finish

I didn't even work on it at all yesterday. I had errands in the morning and was installing/fixing fence all afternoon and my hand/arm was so sore from pounding the hammer that I couldn't have held a crochet hook if I tried.

You guys all did awesome! I'll be on board for sure next month with much better results - promise!

babypoohsmom - Great work your blanket and daisy and toys look great!:)

Ldyjarhead - You made great progress your granny blanket is going to be lovely when it is done (and think of all the work you got done outside!!!:cheer) see you next month to try to finish the blanket:hook. I love you WIP wednesday idea too BTW!:D

No totals yet I must be too early sometimes I forget to allow for the time difference and wonder where everyone is!:think:D I will come back tommorrow to see the totals and maybe some more pictures. Well done everyone who made something for charity this month:clap (or did some work on a charity project!):crochetingBye for now!

Please remember to post your totals in big, bold letters in the future.

Here is the total for this month -

122 Granny Squares

5 Rectangles

65 Yo-yo's

1 Daisy Square

7 Washcloths

1 Cat Mat

2 Cat Toys

12 Newborn Hats

5 Afghans Finished

3 Preemie Round Ripples

1/2 Baby Afghan

:cheerGreat work everyone!!! :cheer

[ATTACH]16960[/ATTACH]

Here is the picture of my small accomplishment. As I said, the flower goes to someone who makes blankets (I think I might have found her here?), and the cat mat and 8 toys go to the shelter where I am a volunteer.

They are still showing bobsled here (7:45 AZ time), so it's possible that I'll get that Special Olympics scarf done, but no credit can be taken just yet.

Yes, by the way, my iron is out because I quilt and you can see my cabinet of rubber stamps in the background. It's a wonder I have time to work!

And by the way, it JUST dawned on me today that this guy :hook is holding a crochet hook and not a toothbrush. Wow, did I just admit that??

Great work! The crochet hook as a topthbrush made me laugh. Thanks for sharing it. :lol :lol

I failed miserably.

:thumbdown

Charity Blitz - Not a Great Finish

I didn't even work on it at all yesterday. I had errands in the morning and was installing/fixing fence all afternoon and my hand/arm was so sore from pounding the hammer that I couldn't have held a crochet hook if I tried.

You guys all did awesome! I'll be on board for sure next month with much better results - promise!

Hey, life happens and sometimes we expect too much of ourselves.

Ok sorry this is a bit late but I did 12 knitted newborn hats this weekend. I will post pics later but right now I have to get ready cause I am getting my Ultrasound this morning :clap:clap:clap

Good luck with the ultrasound!

I got 3 two strand preemie round ripples finished for this month. I'll try to get pictures of them a bit later in the day. Congratulations on what was accomplished this month everyone. Great job! :yay:clap:yay

Great work! The crochet hook as a topthbrush made me laugh. Thanks for sharing it. :lol :lol

Hey, life happens and sometimes we expect too much of ourselves.

Good luck with the ultrasound!

I got 3 two strand preemie round ripples finished for this month. I'll try to get pictures of them a bit later in the day. Congratulations on what was accomplished this month everyone. Great job! :yay:clap:yay

I'll update the total to include 3 preemie round ripples...I have it listed as 2 1/2 right now. Thanks!

I had to be at work early this morning and I completely missed posting my totals. I finished 2 baby ghans but when I started the blitz they were both half done. So I guess I crocheted a total of 1 baby ghan but have 2 FOs. Hopefully next month I will be a little more 'with it'.

Who is hosting next month? Nicole again?

Great job everyone. I'll try to post pics this evening, after work.

[ATTACH]16960[/ATTACH]

Here is the picture of my small accomplishment. As I said, the flower goes to someone who makes blankets (I think I might have found her here?),

Actually. there was some fuss and she has left Crochetville.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: +18

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths Whenever

Here are the 27 I reported yesterday:

post-19794-135897507499_thumb.jpg

The color is a bit off. The "black" ones are actually dark/hunter green.

and 8 more I did last night:

post-19794-135897507506_thumb.jpg

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: +18

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths Whenever

Archived