February Charity Blitz 2/18 - 2/23

nicolep

I am new here so I think this will be great for my first CAL. I will be making some hats for the homeless shelter.:)

Hi, Starrmarie! :hi Welcome to the group! :welcome We're glad to have you join us, both in this CAL and at Crochetville. We have lots of fun. Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with anything.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

It looks like we are going to be a bigger group and hopefully making more than we first expected. When I read about the overlap with the Olympic CAL I thought it might be quiet so it is lovely to see so many people in here!:)I can't wait to hear about what everyone esle is making this weekend.

I stayed up late last night to sort out my project basket which was so messy I was embarrassed!:blush Now it is full of my scrap yarn and I am going to work on 3 round ordinary granny squares, working with 2 strands of double knitting wool/yarn and crocheting two colours togehter and changing the colour combination with each round!:think Well that is the plan at the moment.

I am hoping to get started by late afternoon it is already 1pm here so my first day is disappearing fast!:eek I want to see how many squares I can get done during the next six days!

Happy Crocheting to everyone I will be back later tonight (hopefully) to cheer everyone along! :cheer

BTW - Jenni I think your plan to make 100 hats to take into hospital when you have your baby is a really lovely idea!:manyheart

I've decided to drag out some scraps for a granny square afghan I started a couple of weeks ago. I'll take some to my VA appt this morning and should be able to finish at least one more square while waiting for the doc.

Here's what it looked like a while back.

Granny Scrap Afghan

I've got a bit more done since that picture.

That is going to be a beautiful afghan! I love seeing black as the main color - it makes the other colors "pop"!

I've decided to drag out some scraps for a granny square afghan I started a couple of weeks ago. I'll take some to my VA appt this morning and should be able to finish at least one more square while waiting for the doc.

Granny Scrap Afghan

I might join in and work on a babyghan or two to donate.

Welcome, Mandii! :welcome It's great to have you join us.

Granny Scrap Afghan

Oh, my, that is gorgeous, Ldyjarhead! I like you idea of WIP Wednesday, too. I've got several projects that have been on hold for a very long time that would excellent for that.

I have two Preemie RRs started. Hopefully I can finish both of them and do another one as well in between working on my Games project. :hook

hi everyone The afgan looks great i have never tried the flat braid method but it look pretty is it hard to do

100 hats...wow..when are you due?

I was up watching an old movie last night...a mystery replete with hidden rooms, trap doors and ghosts...really fun to watch...anyway i got my doily started with the first five rows done. It uses the fptc which i have never done before so i hope i did it right.

I have the okay to crochet from surgeon and physical therapist but have to watch for fatigue. Yesterday worked on a 22" granny square and got down one side before calling uncle. Grip on hook still pretty loose and hard to rotate hook but I'll get better with more practice. So, I'm in but working slowly. Figure this might be a good time to work in the ends on a couple baby afghans I finished just before surgery.

I think I will jump in this month. I have a few charity WIPs and would like to get them finished to send to Kathryn (NICU babies) on March 1. I have a few more hours at work then I'll be ready to grab a hook and yarn.

Hi, Jennifer. :hi

I have the okay to crochet from surgeon and physical therapist but have to watch for fatigue. Yesterday worked on a 22" granny square and got down one side before calling uncle. Grip on hook still pretty loose and hard to rotate hook but I'll get better with more practice. So, I'm in but working slowly. Figure this might be a good time to work in the ends on a couple baby afghans I finished just before surgery.

Take it slow and easy. :hook

I'm going to try this!! I give my things to Warm Up America to donate, but that still counts!!

Absolutely! Welcome! :welcome

I was able to make a few of the black middle pieces of my squares this morning before going to the dr, then tonight made a few more and finished the two rows of the second color on all ten of them. I'll weave in ends and join tomorrow.

The piece I had done so far only had eight squares, so today's ten gives me quite a boost.

LOL I almost forgot about this CAL....I blame baby brain...the fatter I get the less I remember :lol Yes 100 hats before I deliver so far I am at 5 hats :blush I am supposed to be working on a flannelghan but I can't sit down and do anything right now because I am sick almost constantly due to a UTI and the meds that go along with it. It only takes 7 days and I am on my second day so not too long and I should be feeling better, I did make 2 hats today though cause its a small portable thing so I can take it into bed and work on them between the waves of nausea.

Oh by the way I am due July 28th and in 6 days will hopefully know what the baby is so I will be able to make for the baby too but the hats I am knitting only take me an hour per hat so I can get a few done a day when I feel better.

LOL I almost forgot about this CAL....I blame baby brain...the fatter I get the less I remember :lol Yes 100 hats before I deliver so far I am at 5 hats :blush I am supposed to be working on a flannelghan but I can't sit down and do anything right now because I am sick almost constantly due to a UTI and the meds that go along with it. It only takes 7 days and I am on my second day so not too long and I should be feeling better, I did make 2 hats today though cause its a small portable thing so I can take it into bed and work on them between the waves of nausea.

Oh by the way I am due July 28th and in 6 days will hopefully know what the baby is so I will be able to make for the baby too but the hats I am knitting only take me an hour per hat so I can get a few done a day when I feel better.

:lol My daughter has been blaming her forgetfulness on baby brain too. She is due in 2 weeks.

Archived