Somebody is Getting Married CAL

mclendon1

Now that Christmas is past, wedding season will be gearing up.

Anybody need to make a wedding present? Want to do it together?

I have a dear friend who's 1st husband of 28 yrs was very mentally abusive; he died of pancreatic cancer. She met the love of her life & soul mate a few years ago; they are getting married in May.:bheart

I just couldn't make up my mind what to do, so decided to go with something I know. I'll be doing Aggie May's RR. I've ordered Bernat Super Value in Natural from Ben Franklin. As soon as it get's here I'll get started. It will probably take right up to the wedding for me to finish.:crocheting

Anybody want to join in? Tell for who, & what you'll be making, & post bunches of pictures!:dance

I"ve got a daughter that is getting married on Dec. 30, 2010 and I'm making all the favors for her reception. We are doing snowflake ornaments for the favors and I'm crocheing them out of size 10 thread. I need to make 130 at least and I have promised her that like real snowflakes no two will be the same. So far I've got 4 done and I also want to make her an afghan for her couch or bed so I'm in if you will have me.

I started a tablecloth for my daughter, but due to some problems, it got sidetracked. Maybe some accountability will encourage me to make some progress. So maybe I should join, too -- even though the wedding was last summer. :2blush

(Then again, working on a thread project will definitely slow my progress on the 2010 Stashbusting CAL.)

I"ve got a daughter that is getting married on Dec. 30, 2010 and I'm making all the favors for her reception. We are doing snowflake ornaments for the favors and I'm crocheing them out of size 10 thread. I need to make 130 at least and I have promised her that like real snowflakes no two will be the same. So far I've got 4 done and I also want to make her an afghan for her couch or bed so I'm in if you will have me.

Wow! You've got a lot of work ahead, along with your daughter being the one getting married! Jump on in! I don't do thread, but I think you that can are amazing! I would love to see your work.

I started a tablecloth for my daughter, but due to some problems, it got sidetracked. Maybe some accountability will encourage me to make some progress. So maybe I should join, too -- even though the wedding was last summer. :2blush

(Then again, working on a thread project will definitely slow my progress on the 2010 Stashbusting CAL.)

Jump on in! Thread amazes me. That's why I learned crochet; hours of watching GMa make doilies. I would so love to be able to do it. I have a small table cloth she made; the only item I have of her's. Your daughter will treasure it.

I will post pictures of the snowflakes I make as soon as I get them starched. I thought I would do about 10 then starch them all at once, then 10 more etc. That way they are not all laying around drying at once and I can keep better track of how many I have made. Some I am using patterns for and some I am just creating myself. I will also add beads to some although that is a new technique for me to conquer yet. I'd love to make a tablecloth eventually, right now I just have too many other projects in the workings.

I like this CAL! My cousin and my friend are getting married in June and I think I will make something special for them. I don't know WHAT yet but I'll definitely think of it.

For my brother's wedding last year I made this bike instead of flowers :) and I decorated the glass. You can see more pictures here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103625

post-30828-135897503238_thumb.jpg

My mum got this basket for her birthday - I think it could be a great wedding gift too:

post-30828-135897503263_thumb.jpg

More pictures: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103487

Anyway, I hope to find inspiration here for some original gifts. I'm a thread crocheter, so I won't make an afghan, but I'm sure I will find something extra special :)

post-30828-135897503231_thumb.jpg

I like this CAL! My cousin and my friend are getting married in June and I think I will make something special for them. I don't know WHAT yet but I'll definitely think of it.

For my brother's wedding last year I made this bike instead of flowers :) and I decorated the glass. You can see more pictures here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103625

[ATTACH]16305[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16306[/ATTACH]

My mum got this basket for her birthday - I think it could be a great wedding gift too:

[ATTACH]16313[/ATTACH]

More pictures: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103487

Anyway, I hope to find inspiration here for some original gifts. I'm a thread crocheter, so I won't make an afghan, but I'm sure I will find something extra special :)

Wowzer! You are talented!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a break so I could pick up my yarn from Ben Franklin. Bernat Super Saver in Natural; I've never used this brand before. I'll be starting my Round Ripple (Aggie May's pattern of course) this weekend. Anybody want to join me with a project for a wedding gift?

My sister is getting married March 19 and I know I could knock out a ripple by then :hook. I was going to just get her something off her registry, but now I'm thinking I'd get more satisfaction from giving her something a little more personal. Or maybe something less expensive from her registry and the afghan. I'd do a solid natural color, since it goes with anything. She's only 22 so I'm wondering if she would even appreciate it. I made her two small things for Christmas, and for her birthday last year. I don't want her to feel like I'm thrusting all this crochet on her. She already thinks I'm an old lady (according to the shoes I was planning on wearing to the wedding), and who knows her real opinion of my hobby. I know she liked what I've made her, but I don't want an afghan to be too much. Know what I mean? If anything, I know her kitties would love it. :yarn

Well, I've added to my tasks to crochet for my daughter's wedding. I now am not only doing 130 snowflakes but also a full size bedspread afghan for them and a centerpiece cake, which doubles by being used to store china plates in it, for her bridal shower. I hope she gets her dishes picked out soon so I can get started on this cake as I've never done one of these before. It will have anywhere from two tiers to 4 tiers, all crocheted to fit the dishware, and the flowers or decorations will also be crocheted for it. A big undertaking but one I've always wanted to do and am excited about. We went and picked out the yarn for her bedspread afghan this weekend so I can get started on that now also. On top of this the Matron of Honor and I are going to be crocheting the prizes for the bridal shower. We are doing potholders, towel toppers or total towels not sure which, pot scrubbies, and I am doing a wreath or afghan for the door prize, not sure which yet. Can we add another few months to this year so Dec. 30 doesnt' get here very fast. But first, I have to get my baby projects finished up, the afghan is done except sewing it together and a border, and I have about 1/4 of one outfit done and want to crochet at least another one before the baby gets here in late March. Wow do I have a lot of crocheting ahead of me!

Wow, Sue, you really got A LOT to do.... :) I hope you will manage to crochet all these items, it's a huge challenge - but imagine the effect! It's worth it!

I am tempted to join in here as my niece is being married in June and I have yet to decide what to make for her. I might do a special doily (hearts themed) and have it framed with their names and wedding date.

Anna, your baskets of butterflies are just stunning! I now have a great inspiration for other presents for friends.

I will pop in here and watch the WIPS. When I'm ready to doily I'll be back!

Last week I found and bought balls of different sizes, made of some green artificial plants :) I think I can decorate it with white butterflies and white ribbon and give to the couple ;) So they can hang it somewhere as a decoration. I don't know how it will look, but I'm going to try one for Easter with colourful butterflies. I still have time to try and change this idea as my friends' wedding is in June.

• 1 month later...

OK Ladies, I have 2 more rows of diamonds to go on my Diamond 'Ghan, then the border. I've got to kick it into high gear this weekend; the wedding is May 15th.

Anybody got any finished items you can post pics of?????

RoseRed's Diamond 'Ghan, Bernat Super Value in Natural, H Hook for body.

J Hook for border. Finished size w/ border 48”x60”. Two rows of SC around edge, then a DTR Ruffle Border. This was my 1st time attempting the Diamond 'Ghan; once I got past the 1st set of diamonds (frogged 3 times), it went smoothly. I think the Ruffle Border sets it off nicely, & was quick to do; I didn't have much time left to get it finished & delivered before the wedding. I bought 8 skeins. I only have 2 left; I didn't realize I'd actually used that much yarn.

If you'd like to try it, the pattern can be found here: http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/2009/08/diamond-ghan-free-pattern.html

post-27033-135897529275_thumb.jpg

post-27033-135897529283_thumb.jpg

post-27033-135897529288_thumb.jpg

post-27033-135897529291_thumb.jpg

I finished my afghan...my sister's wedding was two months ago and I gave it to her for her shower. She loved it! I was so worried because she's young and I wasn't sure if it was something she would appreciate. Turns out she was jealous of the afghans I made my parents for Christmas--she was upset she didn't get one :lol. I used Attic 24's ripple pattern and TLC Essentials in Winter White. I really liked the yarn, it was my first time using it. Definitely softer than RHSS and washed up really nice.

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

Archived