10-petal popcorn flower

amydepew

Just in case you don't check the Links forum, I will post this pattern in its entirety here. :)

10 petal popcorn flower

ww yarn, J hook

Round 1: Ch 2, 10 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to first sc (10 sc)

Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in ea sc around, sl st to first sc (20 sc)

Round 3: Ch 3, 4 dc in same st, complete popcorn, ch 1, sc in next st, *(popcorn, ch 1) next st, sc next st*, repeat from * to end, sl st to first popcorn (10 popcorns, 10 sc)

Round 4: *Sl st behind popcorn, 5 dc in sc from row below (5 dc shell created)*, repeat from * to end (10 sets of shells)

Click here to see how to create a popcorn stitch.

post-18179-135897502341_thumb.jpg

What a cute flower. Thanks for sharing the pattern. You may want to make a note on how to make a popcorn stitch, though. :)

Ooooh! Good call. I will add a link in my post. Thanks!!!

I love your big popcorn flower! I never thought I'd see the day I'd like anything with popcorn sts!!! I don't like popcorns on clothing and afghans, but they're perfect for this flower.

I make a lot of large totes and sometimes I put a large flower on ones where a flower will add to the overall look, and not make it look overdone. I would be very pleased to try your pattern this Spring when I plan to make bags again.

Hmm... where did my post go - I can't find it. :(

I posted yesterday about not having seen a 10 petal flower before.

Ah well - now I've said it anyway.'

And ohh they're beautiful :clap

How clever and fun! Thanks!

Just in case you don't check the Links forum, I will post this pattern in its entirety here. :)

10 petal popcorn flower

ww yarn, J hook

Round 1: Ch 2, 10 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to first sc (10 sc)

Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in ea sc around, sl st to first sc (20 sc)

Round 3: Ch 3, 4 dc in same st, complete popcorn, ch 1, sc in next st, *(popcorn, ch 1) next st, sc next st*, repeat from * to end, sl st to first popcorn (10 popcorns, 10 sc)

Round 4: *Sl st behind popcorn, 5 dc in sc from row below (5 dc shell created)*, repeat from * to end (10 sets of shells)

Click here to see how to create a popcorn stitch.

Archived