Then and Now Afghan,am I going crazy?

Y.Marie

Question

Hello everyone,

I saw an ad in Crochet or Crochet Today magazine about a Then and Now ripple afghan. I've searched all over it seems and can't find that pattern? I was pretty sure it said Bernat website I have searched that website and nothing is there?

Has anyone else seen this afghan advertised? Please help me if possible, I'd appreciate so much.

Thank you,

Y.Marie

12 answers to this question

Hi Losingmymind 2,

Thank you, thank you so much that is the afghan I was looking for. I'm glad you saw it to and sent the link, I copied it right away and will try to make it with the yarn colors it says or with my yarn colors I have.

Have a nice day,

Y.Marie

Hi LuvMaxine,

Wow that long ago huh? I did like it as soon as I saw the afghan ad in the magazine.

I know I saw that afghan pattern before but couldn't remember where. Maybe it was online before too.

Have a nice day,

Y.Marie

Hello ladies,

Now I need help on the 'Then and Now Afghan', to me it seems like the pattern either wasn't written out well or I don't understand it? I've only crocheted one ripple but the kind where the stitches are closer together.

I'm having trouble with the peak part where the pattern says put 1 dc with 1 chain inbetween next 3 dc's, then 1 more dc all in same stitch.

But the following 2nd row at that peak, this is where I get confused because pattern says do v stitch going up towards the peak before making 1 dc with chain 1 between next 3 dc's plus 1 dc, then back down making another v stitch. It does say Last row forms pattern. Now do I crochet the following rows like row 2?

To me it seems I'll need to add more stitches going towards and coming down from the peak to fill in the v stitches to in the following rows?

Please if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate so much,

Thank you,

Y.Marie

Archived