baby afghan little sheep

mrs.guppy

Hello Kay,

Here is the translation of the pattern, hope it's understandable, I discovered I didn't follow the pattern exactly, but as long as every sheep is the same it doesn't really matter, does it?

I made the blanket with hook G and stripes in double crochet. Finished it with crab stitch on the edges in green. The pattern indicates 400 gr. of wool, 200 gr. green, 130 gr. blue, 70 gr. white, but I used a lot more blue.

Here is the translation of the pattern for the sheep (with hook C)

Popcornstitch: 3 x in same stitch: 1 loop (pull up high) and pull 7 loops in once.

Chain 5, single crochet in 4th and 5th ch. from the hook (=first paw), chain 12, single crochet in 4th and 5th ch. from the hook (=second paw)

Round 1: ch. 3, 1 popcorn stitch on the paw, 4 x (ch. 1, skip 1 stitch, 1 popcorn st.) end with 1 double crochet, the 5th popcorn is on the second paw.

Round 2: ch. 3, 1 popcorn st. between first d.c. and popcorn st., 4 x (ch. 1, 1 popcorn between the 2 popcorn st.) end with ch. 1, 1 popcorn between the last popcorn ct. and d.c., ch. 1, 1 dc = 6 popcorn st.

Round 3: same as round 2, 7 popc.st.

Round 4: ch. 3, 1 popcorn st. between first and second popcorn st., 5 x (ch. 1, 1 popcorn st. between the next 2 popc. st.) 1 dc= 6 popc. st.

For the head 2 sc on the side of the 4th, 3th and 2nd round, turn.

Ch. 4, 2 dc. together (in ch. 4 from the hook and the first sc) 1 dc in the next sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 1 sc (=ear) 1 sc on the last 2 sc

Round 5: ch 1, 5 popcorn st. between the 6 popcorn st. with ch 1 in between, 1 dc.

For the tail: sc on the last dc and last st. on the 4th round, ch 7, 1 sc in the 7th ch from the hook, 3sc.

The ears have to be sewn on the body as well as the tail. Make an eye with dark grey in cross st.

I made 9 sheep and made them in turns look in the other direction.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amanda, you're the greatest!

I know what a pain it is to retype crochet instructions, much less translate them from another language, and I appreciate your going to all that trouble. I'm really looking forward to trying the lamb as soon as I wind up a peace-square afghan I'm working on now. Thank you very, very much!

I hope you're enjoying your new baby. There's nothing like a baby girl. Mine hit 40 last year, but the worrying never ends; she is planning to run a 100-mile race in the Florida Keys in May, and of course I can't dissuade her.

Kay

Amanda, you're the greatest!

I know what a pain it is to retype crochet instructions, much less translate them from another language, and I appreciate your going to all that trouble. I'm really looking forward to trying the lamb as soon as I wind up a peace-square afghan I'm working on now. Thank you very, very much!

Hi Kay,

No problem! It's very nice to share something I like, with someone on the other side of the world! Please show me your blanket if you make it some time...

Btw, if you sew the sheep on the blanket with green yarn, you don't see any stitches on the back. A woman of my Stitch 'n Bitch-group suggested it: it really works!

My daughter Linde is now 5 weeks old, she's a gentle, quiet and happy baby, I feel so blessed. Also with my older daughter Hannah of course, she's four now, and she's such a little lady!

Greetings, Amanda.

Hi Kay,

No problem! It's very nice to share something I like, with someone on the other side of the world! Please show me your blanket if you make it some time...

Btw, if you sew the sheep on the blanket with green yarn, you don't see any stitches on the back. A woman of my Stitch 'n Bitch-group suggested it: it really works!

My daughter Linde is now 5 weeks old, she's a gentle, quiet and happy baby, I feel so blessed. Also with my older daughter Hannah of course, she's four now, and she's such a little lady!

Greetings, Amanda.

Thanks for the great tip!

I'm glad to hear you have such a happy new baby; the whole family gets plenty of rest, and everybody's happier!

I was interested to see the name of your group. When I formed a needlework group within a women's club, and we called it Stitch 'n Bitch, there were a couple of objections strong enough that we had to pick another name -- and those were women younger than this geezerette! So ours is called, benignly, "Sit 'n Stitch."

Archived