Scarves for Special Olympics

BPitard

Stopped by ACMoore on my way home from work yesterday and got the last 2 skeins of grey heather! We are in the middle of "snowmaggedon" here so I hope to get one done this weekend- but first I have to finish the afghan I'm working on!

Stay safe and warm everyone who is in the middle of this snowstorm!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 completed while I was waiting for the dealership to finish with my car yesterday 2nd one started I have since :frog the second one and started another pattern

NiYa :yarn

post-13132-135897502401_thumb.jpg

post-13132-135897502404_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My four scarves are enroute to the Special Olympics. They were made with love in honor of my little 8 yr old grandson who has Down Syndrome. Sent four to the Georgia Special Olympics earlier crocheted in red and white.

Blessings,

Marilyn

http://www.marilyn-art.com

:cheerI recently saw members of the New Zealand Special Olympics team and their supporters proudly wearing their blue & white scarves when they are in the US last year.

So cool that the organisers got thousands more than they asked for.

You should all be very proud of yourselves.

Have fun.

Colleen

Today, I decide to give up on my crochet games afghan. I am going to start one scarf. I hope to finish it before March 1st, my shipping date deadline.

I will be back when the scarf is done.

Hello, I didn't realize there was a category just for these scarves. I started one during the February Charity CAL. I need to mail it by Saturday so hopefully I will get it done tonight. Good thing the ladies free skate is tonight so I have an excuse to sit and watch.

Here is mine. I just mailed it today. It will probably slide right in under the deadline. Whew.:Ppost-13802-135897508598_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, if it looks wide, that's because it is. Nearly 9". Not sure how it went from 5" to 9" without me noticing, but oh well.

And to Hildy, that is the first time I saw white listed. All the other sites I visited said Heather Grey and Cherry Red. That is also not the address where mine were mailed....

Archived